Final National Rankings

CentreRocks

Has Trinity played in the Herbstriet Classic? It would be nice to get them matched up against some of the elite programs in the nation. A win or two like that and it will bring more respect and credibility to all of KY football and maybe get Trinity into the discussion for best team in the nation.

Has Trinity played in the Herbstriet Classic? It would be nice to get them matched up against some of the elite programs in the nation. A win or two like that and it will bring more respect and credibility to all of KY football and maybe get Trinity into the discussion for best team in the nation.

I know the past 2 years they've played multiple nationally ranked teams each year.

I know the past 2 years they've played multiple nationally ranked teams each year.

Not this past year. The only non Kentucky team they played was Cincinnati St. X who I believe finished at or just below .500 this year. Of course, that isn't Trinity's fault because Cinti. St. X has been in the national top ten a couple of times recently. They just had a really bad year this year and no way you can know that when you make the schedule. But Trinity should play at least 2 national level games each season. And so should Louis. St. X. Get KY's best out there and bring those schools and the entire state some football recognition.

Not this past year. The only non Kentucky team they played was Cincinnati St. X who I believe finished at or just below .500 this year. Of course, that isn't Trinity's fault because Cinti. St. X has been in the national top ten a couple of times recently. They just had a really bad year this year and no way you can know that when you make the schedule. But Trinity should play at least 2 national level games each season. And so should Louis. St. X. Get KY's best out there and bring those schools and the entire state some football recognition.

Actually, at the time Trinity played Cincinnati St. X., St. X. WAS RANKED in the Top 10 in the Nation. Their record went to pot after their QB was injured in this Trinity game. :cool:

Actually, at the time Trinity played Cincinnati St. X., St. X. WAS RANKED in the Top 10 in the Nation. Their record went to pot after their QB was injured in this Trinity game. :cool:

Oops, our bad.

Actually I really felt sorry for Massa (sp?) in that game. He did everything he could but his line and receivers just weren't helping him too much.

VOR...it must be true...Oxnard NEVER defends the Rocks unless there's a glaring misperception. :D

Oxnard, thanks for posting that. I was about to when I saw your post.

There have been quite a lot of posters who discounted Trinity's win over Cincy X this year, after we lost to Louisville X later. Many thought that Cincy X was overrated at the beginning of the season, and seem to not have realized that it was only after the Trinity game that their season really tanked. It was a horrible misfortune for the Cincy X team that their QB was injured in the Trinity/Cincy X game. I feel bad for them.

True, as I said in my post, sometimes you just can't predict things when making out a schedule. C. St. X looked like a tough game and they were ranked highly, riding on previous season's successes. But things can change quickly in high school and unfortunately C. St. X. proved to be way down this year, regardless of the QB injury. That was Trinity's only "national level" opponent this year and it flopped on them a little. My point is why don't Trinity and Louisville St. X. schedule 2 or 3 of those types of opponents every year. I think it would be great for them and great for all of KY football.

True, as I said in my post, sometimes you just can't predict things when making out a schedule. C. St. X looked like a tough game and they were ranked highly, riding on previous season's successes. But things can change quickly in high school and unfortunately C. St. X. proved to be way down this year, regardless of the QB injury. That was Trinity's only "national level" opponent this year and it flopped on them a little. My point is why don't Trinity and Louisville St. X. schedule 2 or 3 of those types of opponents every year. I think it would be great for them and great for all of KY football.

VOR, let me ask this...who's going to pay for the expenses involved in that kind of schedule? It's not as easy as you think to just get them on the schedule. The BIG powers, like TX teams, and NJ teams aren't close enough for a day trip. Plus, you need to make sure you can get a home and home, IMO, unless you have a 1 year hole to fill in your schedule.

People think teams like Trinity & X have unlimited resources for these types of matchups, but in reality, they don't. It's as difficult financially for them as for other schools.

Our schedule next year should be more to your liking, but I daresay you may feel it's still lacking if the OOS opponents don't live up to their pre-season ranking.