Hazard Forfeit

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't small schools use their heads and not schedule big games till after the playoffs are over?? Hazard knew they had a great football team and need those football players to have a great basketball team. The schedule in Basketball should be very weak at the beginning, until the football players can get back. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to work your schedule so you can avoid these silly things. Perry already had a busy schedule. From what I hear Hazard wanted to make it on Monday, and Perry already had games on the Friday and Saturday before and on the Tuesday afterwards, so that would of been 4 games in 5 days. So I guess they could not come up with another day to reschedule so the forfeit was what happened. If small football schools would pay a little bit more attention to scheduling, these things don't happen.

Why didn't they play with what they had. Most of the schools with good football teams go ahead and play anyway. Even if you lose big it would end up being the same as a forfeit. Might as well try right.

I agree. I know if Hatcher had 5, he would play. I know some of the Hazard fans was saying there starting 5 was just 7th and 8th graders. However, Whitaker, Jones, and Warren played a few days earlier against Buckhorn.

If I am not mistaken Hazard or Perry Counties BOE decided not to play any in county teams due to the fact that students and fans get into the games, way too much. Seemed to be a lot of after game fights or arguments. I think that is the reason for the forfeit.

It could be possible that Hazard tried to come up with a rescheduled date and the two sides couldn't agree on it and the game was just forfeited. We had to reschedule games at Boyle County because of the football team, but it takes cooperation from both schools to do that. I wouldn't call it a cowardly move if Hazard tried to reschedule it and Perry Central couldn't find a good date to reschedule it. I don't know the story behind it, but I know we rescheduled games at Boyle County and we are grateful to Somerset for allowing us to reschedule it so the whole town could travel to Bell County and root for the Rebels.

On the part I've bolded, you're not going to get these two schools to agree on much of anything. Their rivalry and dislike for each other is well known in the mountains. I heard a high ranking Perry adminsrator (I won't say who:sssh:) remark last year at the state tournament after Hazard lost that he would cheer for North Korea if they were playing Hazard.:lol:

They're not even going to schedule one another in any sports starting next year.

On the part I've bolded, you're not going to get these two schools to agree on much of anything. Their rivalry and dislike for each other is well known in the mountains. I heard a high ranking Perry adminsrator (I won't say who:sssh:) remark last year at the state tournament after Hazard lost that he would cheer for North Korea if they were playing Hazard.:lol:

They're not even going to schedule one another in any sports starting next year.

I hate the bolded part so bad.

Edited by rockmom

I hate the bolded part so bad.

Same here. They're in the same city, same county, and same basketball district. It's a shame they don't won't be playing.

If they had a seeded district they would have a need to play, but the 54th uses a blind draw for the district tournament.

Edited by rockmom