Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hazard Forfeit

Featured Replies

I was looking in the KHSAA website and say where Perry Couty Central forfeited a game to Hazard on Dec 9. Does anyone know why?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Im sorry Hazard forfeited a game to Perry County Central. Sorry about that.

Cancelled because the Hazard FB season was still going on ...

  • Author

So they just cancelled it? Wow if I was a basketball player I would have been upset.Thanks for the info.

  • Author

Couldnt it just had been resceduled? I am not trying to stir up anything just curious about it.

It could be possible that Hazard tried to come up with a rescheduled date and the two sides couldn't agree on it and the game was just forfeited. We had to reschedule games at Boyle County because of the football team, but it takes cooperation from both schools to do that. I wouldn't call it a cowardly move if Hazard tried to reschedule it and Perry Central couldn't find a good date to reschedule it. I don't know the story behind it, but I know we rescheduled games at Boyle County and we are grateful to Somerset for allowing us to reschedule it so the whole town could travel to Bell County and root for the Rebels.

  • Author

Yeah I dont think it was cowardly, just hate it that a team would have to forfeit a game instead of getting to play it later.

I agree, but at the same time, I like that they supported the football team in what was an important playoff game. I do wish they could have come up with a later date to play it.

  • Author

I see what your saying. Im from Elliott, we dont have a football team so its a little hard for me to imagine cancelling a Basketball game for anything but weater. But if your school is more then only one sport I can understand wanting to support your team in the playoffs.

  • Author

Meant to say "weather" in previous post. Sorry

Was the game scheduled on same night or just while their season was still going on?

Was the game scheduled on same night or just while their season was still going on?

 

I was wondering the same. Makes a big difference in my opinion.

I was wondering the same. Makes a big difference in my opinion.

 

Cancelled game was on Tuesday night from what I heard, three days before the Hazard state finals. Hazard appeared to not want to play without their football players. They had written contract to play. Draw your own conclusions.

Cancelled game was on Tuesday night from what I heard, three days before the Hazard state finals. Hazard appeared to not want to play without their football players. They had written contract to play. Draw your own conclusions.

 

:thumb: Thanks for the info.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.