Pot roast question

mcpapa

So, I'm cooking a pot roast right now; just started a half hour ago or so. Using a dry onion soup mix, along with standard seasonings.

Does anyone have any "secret ingredients" that adds a little something extra to a pot roast?

This retirement thing has got me in Mr. Mom mode, that's for sure...

So, I'm cooking a pot roast right now; just started a half hour ago or so. Using a dry onion soup mix, along with standard seasonings.

Does anyone have any "secret ingredients" that adds a little something extra to a pot roast?

I always use onion and garlic, and some red wine....the wine being the "secret" ingredient. :D

Wow! I put a beef roast in the crock pot with some Lipton Cup of Soup and some potatoes and carrots this morning. I'll be cracking the lid when I get home. FWIW, I've tried other things in it, can't tell much difference. I simply add the soup and that's all. I'll be able to smell it when I get on the porch!:thumb:

Wow! I put a beef roast in the crock pot with some Lipton Cup of Soup and some potatoes and carrots this morning. I'll be cracking the lid when I get home. FWIW, I've tried other things in it, can't tell much difference. I simply add the soup and that's all. I'll be able to smell it when I get on the porch!:thumb:

And the best offer you could give me was for some popcorn at the ballgame? :irked:

My grandma uses some kind of beef broth that gives it a yummy juicy salty taste. No specific brand. Plus I like when the roast sits in the juices of carrots and potatoes. Sounds very yummy.

Mixed in with carrots and potatoes is defintley the way I like it! My mother makes some of the best roast I've ever had!

Thanks everybody! I used a couple of the suggestions and it was a big success ("Hey mom - dad can cook something besides stir-fry!").

Evidently my grilling exploits are forgotten at this time of year.

I am getting ready to put a 7 lb. Boston butt roast on the grill to smoke overnight. My son is going to grill some salmon on a plank as soon as I sweep away the snow and light the grills. :D

Thanks everybody! I used a couple of the suggestions and it was a big success ("Hey mom - dad can cook something besides stir-fry!").

Evidently my grilling exploits are forgotten at this time of year.

Glad it was a success....now I will have to get you to come over convience my husband to do some cooking....:D

I am getting ready to put a 7 lb. Boston butt roast on the grill to smoke overnight. My son is going to grill some salmon on a plank as soon as I sweep away the snow and light the grills. :D

Both sound great...I love grilled salmon.....what time should we all drop by....:lol: