Tony Romo

stick1

So he has been the hot topic for several days in many threads. What are your thoughts on him? Here's mine:

He is a VERY talented young QB that has some growing up to do. I believe in him. I think he has to understand when to protect the football and throw it away. I've said before he reminds me a lot of the way Farve plays the game. Both of those guys make their teams REALLY tough to beat when they protect the ball. I think he gets WAY too much of a bad wrap on the big game media blown bull. Football is the ultimate team game. He has had some bad games but I watch a lot of Dallas games and I can't tell you how many times T.O. drops a ball, Williams drops a ball, Creighton drops a ball or they run the wrong routes (I think that is one of the most overlooked things in all of football). So many times QB's get the blame for a pick when in fact it is the WR that caused it. I also think Barber being out hurt him bad. Eli has been a lot worse without Jacobs. Matt Ryan wouldn't be the same without Turner, Tavaris Jackson without All Day, Big Ben wasn't much without Bettis etc. Not only do you lose a lot of grind it out run game but you lose attitude and swagger. The thing that also doesn't get talked about is pass pro with a rookie RB. That's tough!

He has to protect the ball better but I think way too many people get on the media waggon or hate on him because he dates girls that most guys in America would love to date.

I know they were terrible yesterday but I stand by him. I still think he is going to be a good QB for many years to come. People used to get on Steve Young for not winning the big one too!

In all seriousness, I think he's talented, but not as good as a lot of people make him out to be. He might turn it on down the road and dominate in big games, but as of now, I don't think any Cowboys fan should be comfortable in a big game with Tony Romo at the helm.

In all seriousness, I think he's talented, but not as good as a lot of people make him out to be. He might turn it on down the road and dominate in big games, but as of now, I don't think any Cowboys fan should be comfortable in a big game with Tony Romo at the helm.

I believe in him.... Phillips not so much! Do you find any irony that Eli was labeled a flop going into last season?

So he has been the hot topic for several days in many threads. What are your thoughts on him? Here's mine:

He is a VERY talented young QB that has some growing up to do. I believe in him. I think he has to understand when to protect the football and throw it away. I've said before he reminds me a lot of the way Farve plays the game. Both of those guys make their teams REALLY tough to beat when they protect the ball. I think he gets WAY too much of a bad wrap on the big game media blown bull. Football is the ultimate team game. He has had some bad games but I watch a lot of Dallas games and I can't tell you how many times T.O. drops a ball, Williams drops a ball, Creighton drops a ball or they run the wrong routes (I think that is one of the most overlooked things in all of football). So many times QB's get the blame for a pick when in fact it is the WR that caused it. I also think Barber being out hurt him bad. Eli has been a lot worse without Jacobs. Matt Ryan wouldn't be the same without Turner, Tavaris Jackson without All Day, Big Ben wasn't much without Bettis etc. Not only do you lose a lot of grind it out run game but you lose attitude and swagger. The thing that also doesn't get talked about is pass pro with a rookie RB. That's tough!

He has to protect the ball better but I think way too many people get on the media waggon or hate on him because he dates girls that most guys in America would love to date.

I know they were terrible yesterday but I stand by him. I still think he is going to be a good QB for many years to come. People used to get on Steve Young for not winning the big one too!

Am one of Romo's biggest fans, but feel he's had his day in Dallas(or 3 years rather), his aw shucks interviews after games are weighing thin, along with his head in hands on the field after continous turnovers. Don't see things getting better in the short term for him at Dallas, maybe a team like St.Louis, Detroit,etc. where there is not the pressure or lime light he would be better suited. On the girlfriend front, think he should have stayed with Carrie:thumb:

I believe in him.... Phillips not so much! Do you find any irony that Eli was labeled a flop going into last season?

I don't think either are a "flop". Eli wasn't or shouldn't have been considered a flop IMO going into last season. With Eli at the helm the Giants have made the playoffs 4 straight years. Only 1 other QB can say that if I'm not mistaken...

Romo isn't a flop either...he's just not as good as some tried to make him out to be.

A very good QB, who seems to try and always make the play happen, instead of taking a chance on the next down. I see him often throw off the wrong foot or off-balance, which leads to forced tosses.

Gets in a hurry under pressure and when given time, is accurate. Will only get better, with better protection.

A very good QB, who seems to try and always make the play happen, instead of taking a chance on the next down. I see him often throw off the wrong foot or off-balance, which leads to forced tosses.

Gets in a hurry under pressure and when given time, is accurate. Will only get better, with better protection.

Like Big Ben, needs to step up in pocket more and get rid of ball faster. Worst QB in NFL for not feeling pressure from the sides or back and 10 times out of 10, when he gets hit he fumbles. Just don't know if you don't have speed how you can be a 6'0 QB in the NFL. Isn't about every QB in the playoffs 6'3 or taller?

Like Big Ben, needs to step up in pocket more and get rid of ball faster. Worst QB in NFL for not feeling pressure from the sides or back and 10 times out of 10, when he gets hit he fumbles. Just don't know if you don't have speed how you can be a 6'0 QB in the NFL. Isn't about every QB in the playoffs 6'3 or taller?
I agree and in fairness, seems a lot of his pressure is between the tackles.

I don't care for his footwork, as he appears to throw often without stepping in, which results in several high throws. Dallas also seems to throw, a lot of 20-25yd crossing routes.

I like Romo. He needs to focus on working within the offensive structure for an entire season. He gets in trouble when he freelances. It is the curse of the playmaker QB. When you create something out of nothing, it is awesome. However there are many plays when a throw-away is the best play and, in trying to make something happen, the playmaker costs his team with a crucial mistake. Tony needs to work within his offensive scheme and allow the offense to take form during the game.

The other thing that needs to happen is Tony has to get some support from his teammates. Barber needs to be healthy. The O-line has to consistently block well. Receivers have to run their routes well and be where they are supposed to on a given play, and catch it when he gets the ball to you.

Tony Romo is far from a lost cause and I think he can be a top QB in this league.

I personally don't know how I feel about the topic that I am about to introduce...but how does Jessica Simpson affect his play? Or does she? I know it's a common joke, but do some of you really think it affects his focus at times?

I personally believe there is no way that he is at all distracted by these types of things(dating women, vacations, etc.). No one can convince me that when he is out on the field playing that he is thinking throw it to T.O. at one point, and then wondering what Jessica's doing another. Now, I imagine he feels the pressure of spotlight because of expectations and where he plays, but that's a different aspect.