Trinity & St. X - What's the Point?

W.E. Raider

Then how is that the problem of those that do? The school chooses their own fate.

What motivation does Trinity and St Xavier have to change the system?

Trinity wins football almost every year and X wins alot of the other sports.

As long as they keep handing out trophies, and this year 5 of the 6 winners repeated, then Trinity and other others will keep on doing what their doing. How about someone stepping up?

In their defense, is that what you measure a school by? Let me tell you an observation from this week. The 2 main feeder schools for Male played boys and girls basketball games this week at Male. Full gym, 40 something member dance teams, cheerleaders, competitive games but maybe 2 -3 good athletes both games. The rest of the 1000 people in the gym could of been on the cover of Teen magazine or been just as in place at KCD or Collegiate, two affluent private schools here in Louisville. Well behaved kids, great kids, polite kids. Larry O'Bannon type kids who graduate and move on the college. Male has changed in the last 10 years and I think for the better of the student-not the student-athlete.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What motivation does Trinity and St Xavier have to change the system?

Trinity wins football almost every year and X wins alot of the other sports.

As long as they keep handing out trophies, and this year 5 of the 6 winners repeated, then Trinity and other others will keep on doing what their doing. How about someone stepping up?

In their defense, is that what you measure a school by?

By that, I assume you mean "playing by the rules".

Let me tell you an observation from this week. The 2 main feeder schools for Male played boys and girls basketball games this week at Male. Full gym, 40 something member dance teams, cheerleaders, competitive games but maybe 2 -3 good athletes both games. The rest of the 1000 people in the gym could of been on the cover of Teen magazine or been just as in place at KCD or Collegiate, two affluent private schools here in Louisville. Well behaved kids, great kids, polite kids. Larry O'Bannon type kids who graduate and move on the college. Male has changed in the last 10 years and I think for the better of the student-not the student-athlete.
That's great to hear. But a school doesn't have to choose between students and student athletes. You can have both.