Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steelers 13 Ravens 9

Featured Replies

:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

  • Replies 69
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm glad the Steelers won, but I think the Raves were hosed on that TD call.

 

I don't know how that was overturned....The ball didn't break the plane, but I guess it doesn't have to anymore.

I don't know how that was overturned....The ball didn't break the plane, but I guess it doesn't have to anymore.

 

I watched the reply and it is so close, that I couldn't tell if he had broke the plane or not. But is did get his feet in the endzone. I wonder if it is like the getting your feet in bounds on a sideline play?

I watched the reply and it is so close, that I couldn't tell if he had broke the plane or not. But is did get his feet in the endzone. I wonder if it is like the getting your feet in bounds on a sideline play?

 

 

I've always thought it was like the halfcourt line in basketball....It's not where the player is, but where the ball is....

 

I agree it was extremely close, but if they ruled that he was initially short, there was no way they could get conclusive evidence that it did break the plane. If they had originally ruled him in, then I don't think they could have overturned it either.

I've always thought it was like the halfcourt line in basketball....It's not where the player is, but where the ball is....

 

I agree it was extremely close, but if they ruled that he was initially short, there was no way they could get conclusive evidence that it did break the plane. If they had originally ruled him in, then I don't think they could have overturned it either.

 

I agree.

 

I look forward to hearing the head of NFL officals talk about this.

Page 776 of the rules digest in the NFL fact book reads: "A player with the ball in his possession scores a touchdown when the ball is on, above or over the goal line."

 

From the article on ESPN....

I don't know how that was overturned....The ball didn't break the plane, but I guess it doesn't have to anymore.

 

No, the ball is definately supposed to break the plane. It can be directly over top the plane, but the ball in this case wasn't close to the plane.

No, the ball is definately supposed to break the plane. It can be directly over top the plane, but the ball in this case wasn't close to the plane.

 

Agreed

No, the ball is definately supposed to break the plane. It can be directly over top the plane, but the ball in this case wasn't close to the plane.

 

I would have to disagree, I think it was close.

I would have to disagree, I think it was close.

 

With slow motion, hi-def replay, I think it was obvious that the ball didn't break the plane.

With slow motion, hi-def replay, I think it was obvious that the ball didn't break the plane.

 

Well I wasn't watching it a hi-def tv, but it still looked very close.

I would have to disagree, I think it was close.

 

I thought it was extremely close as well...:thumb:

With slow motion, hi-def replay, I think it was obvious that the ball didn't break the plane.

 

Maybe it did, maybe it didn't... It was however, close... :lol:

Maybe it did, maybe it didn't... It was however, close... :lol:

 

And that's exactly why I think they screwed up. No way they could tell one way or the other, so you have to stick with the call made on the field...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.