Attendance

iamapt

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't actually the most central location, most people when they say that seem to forget about the western half of the state. Lexington is centrally located for the east and much of the state until you get out near BG and the other areas out west. In fact the most centrally located place in the state would be E-Town but they obviously don't have a place for it. If it has to be a big city then Louisville is the best spot since it is easier for the folks on the west and not too hard on everyone else.

Commonwealth also does not have turf, which in my estimation, is probably the biggest reason why it doesn't get the games.

See I knew I was forgetting something! I completely forgot about the field turf. And I guess now that you mention the very western part of the state Louisville does seem to be better. Thanks :thumb:

Sounds about right. It's south on I-65.

This year: (all mileages are approximate) I used the same mileage for all NKY teams.

For the 1A game Beechwood traveled 103 miles, next year they would travel 214. Hazard traveled 188, next year 204.

2A: NCC traveled 103 miles, next year 214. Ft. Campbell this year 187 miles, next year 68.

3A: Breathitt traveled 157, next year 237. The route looked like it could be shorter. Central would travel the 110 miles or so to BG.

4A: Bullitt east traveled 28 miles this year, next year 104. Bell traveled 194 this year, 185 next year.

5A: Highlands traveled 103, next year 214. Christian Co. traveled 172, next year 64. .

6A: Simon Kenton 103 this year, 214 next. Trinity would travel the 110 or so miles next year.

Do Beechwood, NCC, Highlands and Simon Kenton all share the same campus or what?

Off-hand I would say a big reason, though maybe not the only one, for lower attendance is the watered down playoffs in 6 divisions. What was supposed to happen with 6 divisions insterad of the normal 4 anyway? Five of six champs were repeats, and 3 of the 6 have double digit titles.