Attendance

iamapt

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off-hand I would say a big reason, though maybe not the only one, for lower attendance is the watered down playoffs in 6 divisions. What was supposed to happen with 6 divisions insterad of the normal 4 anyway? Five of six champs were repeats, and 3 of the 6 have double digit titles.

I will have to agree with you on 6 divisions in Kentucky. I too think that is too many... not only were the state finals low in attendance but I feel the playoffs leading to the finals were dismal as well. I liked it when there were only 4 classes... better level of play in the playoffs and better games for the fans to enjoy. (The weather this year in Louisville was much more favorable than the torrential rain that we had in '07. IMO, the weather had absolutely no bearing on the attendance '07 vs. '08.)

I would also like to see the games moved back to the Thanksgiving Day weekend format. I think that would bring back the enthusiasm of playing during the Holiday weekend and it would generate larger crowds.

I agree that 6 classes is to many but I don't see how 12 teams will have less attendance than 8 no matter who is playing. No T vs X game took about 8-10,000 fans out.

True that...

I think the pre-final playoffs would be better attended. But I agree that the overall TOTAL ATTENDANCE would be down due to less games. So, what do you want? More games with less fans or fewer games with more fans in the seats? Eh..:creepy: