Televised championship games

bighurt55

Earlier this year,Fox Sports Net carried Ky high school football,live, on Thursday night. It was only one or two games, Im getting old and cannot remember who the teams were.If they can show regular season games,why cant they show championship games,live. If Im wrong about this please correct me.

See post #14

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony's right. The KHSAA makes nothing off regular-season games, but the finals are one of their biggest revenue sources, and they have to protect that.

And from a programmer's perspective, the audience would look pretty small when measure against those production costs and the costs for rights fees, especially for the two games that are played in the middle of a weekday.

Our CSS channel will normally replay the games about a week after they happen. 1 game a day during the afternoon. They have been doing Alabama's title games this week.

Good thing about CSS and Alabama is that they have an agreement to show the games live, then keep replaying them over next month or so.

Tony's right. The KHSAA makes nothing off regular-season games, but the finals are one of their biggest revenue sources, and they have to protect that.

And from a programmer's perspective, the audience would look pretty small when measure against those production costs and the costs for rights fees, especially for the two games that are played in the middle of a weekday.

I know nothing of the business but air time on a local public cable channel can't be that expensive can it? I understand that the KHSAA is trying to protect it's revenues but take me for example, I can't make the games but would love to watch them on TV. Is there really that many people who would not attend because they are on TV? Or is it a case that the KHSAA wants to steep of price to broadcast the games that local cable companies can't make enough ad revenue to cover thier expense? I would even consider PPV if it can even be done on a small scale.

Edited by 2 Humped Camel
sp

I know nothing of the business but air time on a local public cable channel can't be that expensive can it? I understand that the KHSAA is trying to protect it's revenues but take me for example, I can't make the games but would love to watch them on TV. Is there really that many people who would not attend because they are on TV? Or is it a case that the KHSAA wants to steep of price to broadcast the games that local cable companies can't make enough ad revenue to cover thier expense? I would even consider PPV if it can even be done on a small scale.

Agreed:thumb:

Buying air time on public cabel channel is very affordable. The big cost occur in production of the actual games. Yes, I believe it would hurt attendance some. PPV wouldn't be a bad idea. But again covering those production cost is still going to be an issue.

Buying air time on public cabel channel is very affordable. The big cost occur in production of the actual games. Yes, I believe it would hurt attendance some. PPV wouldn't be a bad idea. But again covering those production cost is still going to be an issue.

If we could convince the production crew to donate their services for free (take a tax rightoff instead), it quite possibly could be done. :lol: :D :lol:

Buying air time on public cable channel is very affordable. The big cost occur in production of the actual games. Yes, I believe it would hurt attendance some. PPV wouldn't be a bad idea. But again covering those production cost is still going to be an issue.

The KHSAA has provided all the games on DVD for the past few years a few weeks after the finals are completed... these are fully produced with live play-by-play talent... so it appears that "cost" is already absorbed by the KHSAA and Insight... I'm not sure if this is just a replay of the IMAG shown on the big screen inside the stadium or if it is a separate production...

Not going to happen! Someone (business, etc) would need to drop a load of cash to cover the ticket revenue lost if these games were live.

Exactly how much are the tickets? I'm heading down to L'ville tomorrow to watch the 4A game, and just wanted to know how much the ticket prices were. Thanks so much for your help! ;)

For Louisville area Insight Cable customers:

Insight Channel 2 will have a championship games marathon on Sunday December 14th beginning at 6:00 am Sunday morning and ending at 8:30 pm Sunday night. No details on which game at what time, but they will show all 6 games.

The KHSAA has provided all the games on DVD for the past few years a few weeks after the finals are completed... these are fully produced with live play-by-play talent... so it appears that "cost" is already absorbed by the KHSAA and Insight... I'm not sure if this is just a replay of the IMAG shown on the big screen inside the stadium or if it is a separate production...

I am well aware of this. I am talking about live and state of the art production. Not Insight quality.