Greenup County Football Coach

recpark

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand that, but if surrounds himself with some younger talented position coaches I think it can work. Conley could set the foundation for the program and have his successor on board who could step in to countinue the forthcoming success. I've seen this work other places and I would hope this could work at GC.

Great point!

Absolutely a solid choice for the next GC coach if they can snag a stellar coach like Conley on top of all of this he is a great person. Conley would instantly give the program a ton of class and would earn GC some much needed respect from fellow coaches, players, and programs as a whole.

Some "old school" discipline and back to the basics smashmouth football would be great to see at Greenup!:fight:

Mr. Hughes has told me this exact quote, "(my name), George is not a school employee. He is volunteering his time to help get a good conditioning program started. I talked to George yesterday and he has already started working with some of the high school kids. He has helped procure bids on new state of the art conditioning equipment. As soon as Matt lets him know where he wants to set up the conditioning center, George will get the equipment in. We want to establish a location where the equipment can be utilized by all students, not just football. George will be able to help students and coaches learn correct conditioning techniques, address proper muscle groups and prevent over stimulation of the wrong muscles that lead to student injury."

I think this is an excellent program for all our students and I am 100% in support of this program, it will help all our athletes.

I was also told that the football team this past week has started lifting during the last class period but half the class Mike teaches they are doing aerobics(which is good for them cardio) but most of the football players have asked Mike if they can lift for the entire class period of which I think needs to happen, at this time it hasn't happened yet.

I really believe that this is where we need supervision and leadership for our football program and I have suggested to the admin that we start this because as we all know, East, Lawrence, Rowan and Boyd plus every other football team that is not playing this weekend is already in the weight room and in order for us to be competitive we need to get back in the weight room in an organized fashion and hit them very hard.

Please give our admin a call and ask them to get this done for us, they need to be hitting the weights hard.

Edited by recpark

Mr. Hughes has told me this exact quote, "(my name), George is not a school employee. He is volunteering his time to help get a good conditioning program started. I talked to George yesterday and he has already started working with some of the high school kids. He has helped procure bids on new state of the art conditioning equipment. As soon as Matt lets him know where he wants to set up the conditioning center, George will get the equipment in. We want to establish a location where the equipment can be utilized by all students, not just football. George will be able to help students and coaches learn correct conditioning techniques, address proper muscle groups and prevent over stimulation of the wrong muscles that lead to student injury."

I think this is an excellent program for all our students and I am 100% in support of this program, it will help all our athletes.

I was also told that the football team this past week has started lifting during the last class period but half the class Mike teaches they are doing aerobics(which is good for them cardio) but most of the football players have asked Mike if they can lift for the entire class period of which I think needs to happen, at this time it hasn't happened yet.

I really believe that this is where we need supervision and leadership for our football program and I have suggested to the admin that we start this because as we all know, East, Lawrence, Rowan and Boyd plus every other football team that is not playing this weekend is already in the weight room and in order for us to be competitive we need to get back in the weight room in an organized fashion and hit them very hard.

Please give our admin a call and ask them to get this done for us, they need to be hitting the weights hard.

Will the "new weightlifting area" be used by the weightlifting class next year? What will happen to the old equipment?

With any luck the equipment will/should go to the middle school program(s). I hear the middle schools may be combining efforts into making one 7th and one 8th grade Greenup County team next year. I think everyone who supports this (as they should to progress), should show their support at the next board meeting on December 22nd. I think that if we want to build a winning program in Greenup County, this feeder program should be our first priority.

With any luck the equipment will/should go to the middle school program(s). I hear the middle schools may be combining efforts into making one 7th and one 8th grade Greenup County team next year. I think everyone who supports this (as they should to progress), should show their support at the next board meeting on December 22nd. I think that if we want to build a winning program in Greenup County, this feeder program should be our first priority.

Does this mean and end to the McKell and Wurtland basketball programs, too?

Does this mean and end to the McKell and Wurtland basketball programs, too?
I think this is a bad idea. There will no doubt be travel issues when you have a county that big. And where is the central practice location? Again, I think logistics would be difficult to overcome to pull this one off and keep all the kids, IMO.

I doubt the others would be combining since it takes alot less kids to make up a team. I have just heard rumors about the football program at this time. Seems to me the football program is the only one in such need of a change. The tavel issues would in fact, be easier to overcome since the schools have a "no kid left behind" policy, so shuttles would run between the 2 schools. The practice facility would in theory be at the high school. You would be able to have kids that would not normally come out for football due to travel reasons come out. This would even help out the non driving Freshmen and Sophomores parents, as they would only have to travel to the middle school closest to them instead of the high school.

I think this is a bad idea. There will no doubt be travel issues when you have a county that big. And where is the central practice location? Again, I think logistics would be difficult to overcome to pull this one off and keep all the kids, IMO.

It is a bad idea! Not just with logistics, but the county can't get along. Why would combining the football players in 7th grade be any different than it is now? I played when there was only one team, McKell, and there weren't many that made the trip to play up there. Then the next argument will be the coach, playing site, too many starters from one end or the other, blah blah blah. As you said earlier in a different thread, spindoc, this argument is tired.