Obama referred to himself as a mutt

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiousity, does any sort of questioning or criticism of the new president-elect mean "bitterness hangover" in your eyes? Were he a handful of other posters you might have a valid point, however I don't find that it really applies to LBBC.

I am by all means willing to give him a chance even though I admit I did not vote for him, that said I don't think he should be above any criticism.

:thumb: Your right, everyone has an opinion, I need to respect and understand that.

For some silly reason, I'm having a flashback to a Bill Murray speech in the movie "Stripes".

We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt.

For some silly reason, I'm having a flashback to a Bill Murray speech in the movie "Stripes".

We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt.

Great movie.

And honestly, I love most mutts more than most pure breeds. Honestly, the ones I deal with are usually smarter, and less aggressive towards people.

In regards to the topic, even if one was to use 'mutt' in a derogatory fashion, it still pales in offense to other terms.

It's like comparing the term 'big guy' to 'fat ---'. One is less likely to earn a punch to the face.

So we can call him a mutt, but we can't call him by his middle name?

This is going to be a funny four years.

:lol: To paraphrase Raymond J. Johnson, Jr.:

You can call him Mr. President-elect. You can call him Senator Obama. You can call him Barack. You can call him Barack Obama. You can call him The One. You can call him a mutt. But you doesn't hafta call him Barack Hussein Obama. :D

I'll go on record now, I believe eight years.

Wow. You cleared that gun by about 7 feet!

I hope you're right, I hope he becomes a great President and leads us to the promise land, but it is WAY too early to be putting that on record.

The obvious makeup of Obama is black and white.

I hope that his Presidency moves us further past these racial problems and him started with a "mutt" comment did not set well with me.

I mutt dog is a dog that is looked down because it is not a pure-bred dog.

I don't like that implication at all.

If one of my student's refer to him as a "mutt," I will be upset and come down on them just as if they used the n word.

That is simply what I am saying.

For the first time I actually agree with you on something. I find it offensive.

That's in another thread. :D

I saw that. Evidently someone thought President-elect Obama was presumptuous for calling himself, well, President-elect Obama. Evidently there is a waiting period with which I am unfamiliar.

I know there are a few here who think this "mutt business" is a big deal. I guess I'm too insensitive, because I'm not seeing it. When Jeff Foxworthy calls himself a redneck, I don't see too many people getting worked up abut it. Apples and oranges - racial versus cultural?