October 16, 200817 yr About that incident that Barack Obama said occurred at a Palin rally in which some jerk screamed, "Kill Him!" It never happened. It made a nice story last night. Who believes that the media was aware of the results of the Secret Service's investigation before the target of the alleged threat? As Mark Twain observed, "A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." Secret Service says "Kill him" allegation unfounded By Andrew M. Seder [email protected] Staff Writer SCRANTON – The agent in charge of the Secret Service field office in Scranton said allegations that someone yelled “kill him” when presidential hopeful Barack Obama’s name was mentioned during Tuesday’s Sarah Palin rally are unfounded. The Scranton Times-Tribune first reported the alleged incident on its Web site Tuesday and then again in its print edition Wednesday. The first story, written by reporter David Singleton, appeared with allegations that while congressional candidate Chris Hackett was addressing the crowd and mentioned Oabama’s name a man in the audience shouted “kill him." News organizations including ABC, The Associated Press, The Washington Monthly and MSNBC’s Countdown with Keith Olbermann reported the claim, with most attributing the allegations to the Times-Tribune story.
October 16, 200817 yr WOW So according to some on here McCains should have apologized for an unfounded rumor?
October 16, 200817 yr If Obama said it, it must have happened. In his mind, your statement is true. I have never witnessed any individual with the arrogance that Obama displays.:irked:
October 16, 200817 yr In his mind, your statement is true. I have never witnessed any individual with the arrogance that Obama displays.:irked: Must have missed George Bush these last 8 years for those on the other side of the aisle. :lol:
October 16, 200817 yr About that incident that Barack Obama said occurred at a Palin rally in which some jerk screamed, "Kill Him!" It never happened. It made a nice story last night. Who believes that the media was aware of the results of the Secret Service's investigation before the target of the alleged threat? As Mark Twain observed, "A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." Thank you for the link Hoot. When I heard that last night I didn't think that it was true. Reason being not bc I don't believe that both sides have nut jobs that show up at rallys that are not associated with their campaign bc that happens all the time. The reason I didn't believe it was it was the first time that I had heard that claim. I believe that if that would had really happened we would have seen it on every new channel 24/7 anywhere. Cable news along with the mainstream would had been all over it and the Obama camp would have been broadcasting it every day all day! So, that for the link exposing yet another "Ducky" Obama Lie and example of "the One Ducky" as a Fraud!
October 16, 200817 yr I'm waiting for those that were so angered about this supposed statement to give their take on the situation now....Doubt we hear from them.
October 16, 200817 yr This was the second accusation - the first one comes from this rally . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVFWahLTdUo&feature=related So yes, it has happened, just not this time in Pennsylvania. So no apologies coming from this poster. Can someone tell me how to post the video straight to the thread??
October 16, 200817 yr Must have missed George Bush these last 8 years for those on the other side of the aisle. :lol: Nope!!!! I stated in my previous post, I have never (key word) witnessed anyone more arrogant than BO.
October 16, 200817 yr This was the second accusation - the first one comes from this rally . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVFWahLTdUo&feature=related So yes, it has happened, just not this time in Pennsylvania. So no apologies coming from this poster. Can someone tell me how to post the video straight to the thread?? No, that isn't it. The "kill him" statement I've referenced in the past came from this article. To my knowledge this one hasn't been dropped by the Secret Service.
October 16, 200817 yr No, that isn't it. The "kill him" statement I've referenced in the past came from this article. To my knowledge this one hasn't been dropped by the Secret Service. So then it has happened at two different rallies . . . I guess the implication in the OP is simply wrong.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.