McConnell/Lunsford

bugatti

Who are you voting for?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Mitch McConnell ®
    • Bruce Lunsford (D)
    • Undecided/Other

Do you expect a different group of politicians next time? If they can run and win with the same song and dance every year why would they change?

So what should someone in my shoes do ? I don't feel that any candidate running is worth my vote.

I've actually been meaning to ask this for a while.

With all the commercials and such about young people needing to vote, what do you do when no one running appeals in any way to you ?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what should someone in my shoes do ? I don't feel that any candidate running is worth my vote.

I've actually been meaning to ask this for a while.

With all the commercials and such about young people needing to vote, what do you do when no one running appeals in any way to you ?

If you don't like the candidates you can vote against the incumbent every election. You could hold your nose and go the "lesser of the two evils" route. Or, at the least, vote for every race but the Senate race.

Low turnouts favor the status quo. Incumbents win something like 80% of the time. No honest person with reasonable ideas is going to step up to the plate unless the votes are there. If there is an 80% or 90% turnout then there are votes for the taking. Even a 70% turnout. We'll barely muster a 60% turnout this year and maybe half that in a non-Presidential year. Nothing is going to change with those turnout rates.

If you don't like the candidates you can vote against the incumbent every election. You could hold your nose and go the "lesser of the two evils" route. Or, at the least, vote for every race but the Senate race.

Low turnouts favor the status quo. Incumbents win something like 80% of the time. No honest person with reasonable ideas is going to step up to the plate unless the votes are there. If there is an 80% or 90% turnout then there are votes for the taking. Even a 70% turnout. We'll barely muster a 60% turnout this year and maybe half that in a non-Presidential year. Nothing is going to change with those turnout rates.

If I'm not mistaken, in Senate and House races, it's more like 92-95 percent incumbency. I know I read that somewhere in the last couple years.

If I'm not mistaken, in Senate and House races, it's more like 92-95 percent incumbency. I know I read that somewhere in the last couple years.

Quite likely. I lowballed my number as I haven't looked at many statistics on the matter in some time so I couldn't defend it if I were wrong. Above 90% is probably very accurate depending on the time frame.

This race is almost as bad as the choices in the prez election. Lunsford. Ugh.

But for McConnell to skip out on a KET debate is typical and shows how much disregard he has for the people of Kentucky. What a pompous jerk.

Of course the Prez race is for the ultimate seat; but all things considered and if everything were on an even playing field, I believe the Kentucky US Senate race is putting up 2 worse candidates than what we are voting for in our POTUS. These are 2 of the more terrible candidates in America for anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lunsford

Read the part about Vencor, I cannot vote for this man...

I don't understand the Vencor situation inside and out, but it is my understanding that in trying to restructure under the Federal Bankruptcy Protection, the decision was made to settle so as to focus future financial efforts on rebuilding the company. To have continued to fight for years would have hindered the future of the company. As the article linked states, they admitted no wrongdoing.