Top 10 Players in the 9th

I really like Shina Giwa but he is going to stuggle this year. Not to much talent around him. He is going to have to try to do way to much. Good player on a below average team.

Shina is still developing his jump shot or else he would be way higher on this list.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am revising my Top 10.

1. R. Johnson

2. E. Pittman

3. S. Giwa

4. Housley

5. Kowolonek

6. Andy Earls

7. Mike Gabbard

8. McFarland

9. Mitch Shover

10. Blake Bryan

Honorable Mention

Romes, Buettel, Avery, J.Johnson, C. McDaniel, Eastin.[/QUOT

Giwa in front of Housley, Kowolenek or J.Johnson is a joke.

Disagree with Bryan in the top 10.

I guess this is the one I was teetering on but I really think he can play with the big dogs. I havent seen Romes or Beuttel play so its hard to go on their ability to play with the top teams.

He is a scorer, but he shoots a whole lot too to get those points and doesn't always make a high percentage of his shots. I have not noticed him making a lot of assists or being able to defend other good guards well. He is quick and strong for his small height, but the strength is expected since he is a holdback. Don't get me wrong--he is a good player, but I don't believe he would even start at some other shools in the 9th region (Holmes, Boone, Ryle, Cov Cath). I would put Avery, Popp, and McLeish ahead of him. Any one of those would average at least 20 a game against a small school schedule while being their team's only go-to guy, and they are all either quicker, stronger, and/or bigger and have more complete games. Scoring isn't everything. I have seen every person on this list play recently except Avery (which was last high school season).

Edited by wildcatfan

I believe Bryan will lead region in scoring, so will be hard not to put in the top ten.

If number of points per game is the main criterium you are strictly going by, regardless of the competition/schedule, and excluding all other factors (shooting percentage, defense, assists, turnovers, rebounds, and intagibles) then I guess he would be top 10.

It is harder for players on the better teams and at bigger schools to average as much because of better competition, more players, better balance, and overall talent on the roster, etc. Of course, the W's are the main things that count, and stats don't win games. I don't think Henderson was in the top 10 in scoring last year, was he?

35 points a game playing a schedule that includes small schools like Calvary Christian and Heritage Academy isn't comparing apples to apples and is not a fair comparison to players at bigger schools who play against better teams and defenders night in and out.

If number of points per game is the main criterium you are strictly going by, regardless of the competition/schedule, and excluding all other factors (shooting percentage, defense, assists, turnovers, rebounds, and intagibles) then I guess he would be top 10.

It is harder for players on the better teams and at bigger schools to average as much because of better competition, more players, better balance, and overall talent on the roster, etc. Of course, the W's are the main things that count, and stats don't win games. I don't think Henderson was in the top 10 in scoring last year, was he?

35 points a game playing a schedule that includes small schools like Calvary Christian and Heritage Academy isn't comparing apples to apples and is not a fair comparison to players at bigger schools who play against better teams and defenders night in and out.

I completely agree with this but is it true that D-III schools have to play other D-III schools twice each year?

Nice Post. Was waiting for someone to say that.

So what you are saying that any kid that play D3 and go to a small school are not as good? are you going to discount,Giwa , Beuttel, Eastin, and Romes too. Wow maybe every one should all tranfer to Scott co. or Holmes. Sorry Small school you are just not good enough.

So what you are saying that any kid that play D3 and go to a small school are not as good? are you going to discount,Giwa , Beuttel, Eastin, and Romes too. Wow maybe every one should all tranfer to Scott co. or Holmes. Sorry Small school you are just not good enough.

They should not transfer because they most likely would not play.:sssh:

Nope. My point is that simply scoring doesn't make a kid a top player. I believe Giwa and Romes are top 10 9th region players. They do a lot more than score, however.

So if we are just talking about Bryan check the stats. He had over 140 asst. I believe that was 3rd in NKY and over 120 rebounds. Held Rouse to 0 at Ludlow in post season. I think that is more than a scorer.

I would like to see the stat guy on those stats. I don't think he passed the ball 140 times all season, and as for Rouse, I don't even remember who that was.