Top 10 Players in the 9th

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if we are just talking about Bryan check the stats. He had over 140 asst. I believe that was 3rd in NKY and over 120 rebounds. Held Rouse to 0 at Ludlow in post season. I think that is more than a scorer.

What about turnovers? Curious how does against better guards from big high schools during the season. I saw him play in AAU ball against some of the better 2010 9th region guards (Gabbard, Popp, McLeish, etc.) and he did not outplay them. As a matter of fact, I believe he became very frustrated against the good defense. He got his points, but took an awful lot of shots, and his team lost. As I said before, I think he is good but not a top 10 9th region player. Honorable mention definitely. There are too many other good/better players in the 9th. I don't believe Rouse did a lot in summer scrimmages against any of the bigger schools when I saw him play.

Pangallo and Speed are other ones who I think are overall better and deserve mention in the 9th. Speed could be a top 10 player. Lother is also a very smart guard who runs his team well. If he were bigger, I'd throw him into this group too. Size is the only thing hurting him.

What about turnovers? Curious how does against better guards from big high schools during the season. I saw him play in AAU ball against some of the better 2010 9th region guards (Gabbard, Popp, McLeish, etc.) and he did not outplay them. As a matter of fact, I believe he became very frustrated against the good defense. He got his points, but took an awful lot of shots, and his team lost. As I said before, I think he is good but not a top 10 9th region player. Honorable mention definitely. There are too many other good/better players in the 9th. I don't believe Rouse did a lot in summer scrimmages against any of the bigger schools when I saw him play.

Pangallo and Speed are other ones who I think are overall better and deserve mention in the 9th. Speed could be a top 10 player. Lother is also a very smart guard who runs his team well. If he were bigger, I'd throw him into this group too. Size is the only thing hurting him.

I would say Bryan is better than Speed. I wasn't impressed by Speed at all in the games that I saw. Pangallo on the other hand is an entirely different player than Bryan, Pangallo seems more pass first than look for his own.

I would say Bryan is better than Speed. I wasn't impressed by Speed at all in the games that I saw. Pangallo on the other hand is an entirely different player than Bryan, Pangallo seems more pass first than look for his own.

Grant Pengallo is the better of the three. He had a fantastic summer and really worked a great deal on his jump shot. He shot the ball very well all summer. He is a very confident young man and will have a fantastic junior year.

Well its Blake Bryan, and I wouldn't say top 10 because of how bad his team is. Is Tate even playing basketball? I know he quit last season, and I wouldn't put Mcfarland that high. Also where is Jerimaih(sp) Johnson?

1. Rico Johnson

2. Elijah Pittman

3. Shina Giwa

4. Mitch Shover

5. J. Johnson

6.Brandon Housley

7. Brian Romes

8. Stephen Kowolonek

9.Dimtrious Avery

10. Mike Gabbard

Tate played several games last year with a broken foot. Doctors forced him to stop playing on the foot about halfway through the season. I would expect to see him on the court this year.

Its not "if."

You are correct, Luke will not play Basketball this season at CovCath. I was told that Luke had a nice talk with Coach L and told Coach L that he would not be playing baseball this season. Coach L told Luke that he is always welcomed and that he will always be a friend to Luke.

Personally while I wish Luke would continue to play, I understand and I am just happy that he and Coach L parted on good terms with each other.

Did Speed and Bryan face off last year? I know Villa lost a close one to St. Henry in the regionals. If these players matched up, how did that go?

Did Speed and Bryan face off last year? I know Villa lost a close one to St. Henry in the regionals. If these players matched up, how did that go?

St. Henry beat Villa 3 times last season, by 30+ on two occasions if I am not mistaken. I don't know the head to head results but it sounds like the St. Henry starters didn't play much in the second half.