Top 10 Players in the 9th

He started in spots last year. He had the talent to take the load off of corey more last year, but still wasn't where he needed to be at fundamentally in things such as turnovers last year. If he fixes those things this year he will be on this list by the year's end, but probably a little early to put him there just yet.:ylsuper:

It's all potential right now.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could you put Blake Bryan over Romes, J. Johnson, and Beuttel?

Doesn't make any sense at all.

Tough call on Bryan over Romes/Buettel as I havent seen either so no disrespect to those kids. They sound like they are going to be very good at Beechwood this season. I only saw JJ play once and was not that impressed but I guess it was because his brother Rico was throwing down Tomohawks all night long and I was distracted.

Not claiming to be an expert just giving my observations.

Tough call on Bryan over Romes/Buettel as I havent seen either so no disrespect to those kids. They sound like they are going to be very good at Beechwood this season. I only saw JJ play once and was not that impressed but I guess it was because his brother Rico was throwing down Tomohawks all night long and I was distracted.

Not claiming to be an expert just giving my observations.

Believe it was the regional championship game JJ had a tip slam that basically sealed the fate of the Colonels, or at least I thought that was JJ.

Kinda hard to leave off Cameron Speed and/or David Zumdick of St. Henry off the top 10 list.

I was almost waiting for Mr. St. Henry to get into the mix. I would say Speed has to be ahead of Bryan and Beuttel. The top 10 is so up in the air after the big 2.

I was almost waiting for Mr. St. Henry to get into the mix. I would say Speed has to be ahead of Bryan and Beuttel. The top 10 is so up in the air after the big 2.

Yes, it a lot easier to put together a top 15-20 before a top 10. Bryan is not top 10 yet IMO, but that is just my opinion. There are too many other good players in the 9th. And, there will be players who will surprise people this season because they are flying under everyone's radar and haven't gotten the "hype" of other players.

I think it is hard to accurately rank beyond the top 3 to 5 players in a region. It's a lot of hype and personal opinion beyond that. It's hard to compare apples to apples unless there is head to head competition between players and teams and game results and individual stats are looked at. In the end, it doesn't matter what us board members think. The college coaches are probably the best evaluators of talent.

Yes, it a lot easier to put together a top 15-20 before a top 10. Bryan is not top 10 yet IMO, but that is just my opinion. There are too many other good players in the 9th. And, there will be players who will surprise people this season because they are flying under everyone's radar and haven't gotten the "hype" of other players.

I think it is hard to accurately rank beyond the top 3 to 5 players in a region. It's a lot of hype and personal opinion beyond that. It's hard to compare apples to apples unless there is head to head competition between players and teams and game results and individual stats are looked at. In the end, it doesn't matter what us board members think. The college coaches are probably the best evaluators of talent.

:thumb: College coaches seem to know their stuff.

Haven't heard much about McFarland. How's he looking for next year?

He signed a letter of intent to play at Georgetown College.

I look for him to have a very good senior year without the pressure of playing for a college scholorship.

He signed a letter of intent to play at Georgetown College.

I look for him to have a very good senior year without the pressure of playing for a college scholorship.

I think Boone has a lot of pressure considering the way they ended last season. Boone should be a major contender, maybe 9th region number 2.

I think Boone has a lot of pressure considering the way they ended last season. Boone should be a major contender, maybe 9th region number 2.

Boone has ended that way the last few seasons.

I don't think they have as much pressure as Holmes, who have the mark on their back. Boone can only go up. They haven't won district for a few years. They were much younger last year. They have some good young talent coming up the next 2 or 3 years, but they need to be able to put it together as a team. They have to get over the hump to consistently beat teams like CCH, Holmes, Highlands, Conner, and St. Henry when it counts, first.