Rezko Reality: McCain misfires as he attacks Obama's home purchase

What did the project that Obama helped Rezko and his partner land cost taxpayers? Unless I misread your post, the number was $14 million. That is how corruption is done in this country.

The fact that Obama could not personally repay a political debt by personally signing a government check made out to Rezko does not mitigate the stench of Obama's dealings with Rezko. If it walks like a duck...

If Obama can have that kind of power of persuasion by writing a one page letter, then maybe I do need to vote for him for President....................imagine what he could get accomplished in foreign policy.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Obama can have that kind of power of persuasion by writing a one page letter, then maybe I do need to vote for him for President....................imagine what he could get accomplished in foreign policy.
:thumb: Why wait for the election? A quick letter to Vlad persuading him to withdraw from Georgia would be most impressive to the electorate. :lol:

Without coming off as rude......do you seriously think that putting the disclaimer "I don't know who I am voting for" at the end of all your posts exempts you from criticism and/or accusations of bias?

I have plenty of reasons not to vote for Senator Obama, but the continued associations with convicted felon Rezko and admitted terrorist Ayers is disturbing, to say the least.

Rezko was not even charged when Obama did this.

And I said that I am not an Obama supporter, or a McCain supporter, because I do not like either one of them. I simply think a lot of the criticisms of Barack Obama are unnecessary.

As I said, no single politician can direct money to a political supporter without cutting some deals with fellow politicians. That is true in most scandals. Rezko and Obama were close associates. Believe what you want but I do not believe that Obama's only act as an Illinois State Senator to help his buddy Rezko was writing a single letter on his behalf.

Rezko is a convicted felon and he was an active supporter of Barack Obama and profited from the association. Those are the stubborn facts of the matter.

Rezko was not a convicted felon when Barack Obama wrote the letter. He had not even been charged. So if all of us are judged by the company we kept in the past, wouldn't we all have skeletons in our closets?

You can tell me what you believe all you want, but you have absolutely no proof. The proof provided shows that Barack Obama did NOTHING wrong. I believe your dislike towards him is swaying your views on this topic.

Here is a good article that about the house deal.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/124171,CST-NWS-obama05.article

Rezko may not have been charged with anything when Obama wrote the letter but BHO did know Rezko was being investigated when he approached Rezko about the house/lot deal. It is also odd that BHO claims the strip of land appraised for only $40,000 but Rezko paid $625k for it and the strip represented 1/6th of the lot. It is also funny that BHO got the house for 15% less then asking and Rezko paid full asking price for the bare lot.

Rezko was not a convicted felon when Barack Obama wrote the letter. He had not even been charged. So if all of us are judged by the company we kept in the past, wouldn't we all have skeletons in our closets?

You can tell me what you believe all you want, but you have absolutely no proof. The proof provided shows that Barack Obama did NOTHING wrong. I believe your dislike towards him is swaying your views on this topic.

Believe what you want. I believe that Barack Obama was associated with Tony Rezko over a long period of time and knew exactly what kind of man he was dealing with. Heck, he knew that Bill Ayers and his wife were unrepentant terrorists and he continue to associate with them. Why would he cull a corrupt political insider like Rezko from his inner circle of friends and associates?

BTW, one fact of which you may be unaware in this scandal is that Rezko was reportedly under grand jury investigation at the time that Barack Obama engaged in the real estate deal with Rezko. That is why Obama himself described the deal as "boneheaded." If you think Obama was not aware of Rezko's shady character, then you should ask Obama why the real estate deal was "boneheaded." I am just the messenger. :lol:

Here is a good article that about the house deal.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/124171,CST-NWS-obama05.article

Rezko may not have been charged with anything when Obama wrote the letter but BHO did know Rezko was being investigated when he approached Rezko about the house/lot deal. It is also odd that BHO claims the strip of land appraised for only $40,000 but Rezko paid $625k for it and the strip represented 1/6th of the lot. It is also funny that BHO got the house for 15% less then asking and Rezko paid full asking price for the bare lot.

So we should always assume someone is guilty if they are being investigated? I wasn't aware of that.

Barack talked the owner of the house down, there's nothing new there. People do that all the time.

Barack paid over $100,000 for a 10 ft strip of land...I don't think he got a good deal there.

Believe what you want. I believe that Barack Obama was associated with Tony Rezko over a long period of time and knew exactly what kind of man he was dealing with. Heck, he knew that Bill Ayers and his wife were unrepentant terrorists and he continue to associate with them. Why would he cull a corrupt political insider like Rezko from his inner circle of friends and associates?

BTW, one fact of which you may be unaware in this scandal is that Rezko was reportedly under grand jury investigation at the time that Barack Obama engaged in the real estate deal with Rezko. That is why Obama himself described the deal as "boneheaded." If you think Obama was not aware of Rezko's shady character, then you should ask Obama why the real estate deal was "boneheaded." I am just the messenger. :lol:

So like I said before, if someone is being investigated by police, we should all always assume they are guilty. Is that what you are saying? We should not purchase any land LEGALLY from anyone who is being investigated?

The reason Barack says it was boneheaded now is because at the time he probably didn't think it would get blown out of proportion like it is now. If he could go back, he probably wouldn't have done it just to keep from hearing about it so much now.

So like I said before, if someone is being investigated by police, we should all always assume they are guilty. Is that what you are saying? We should not purchase any land LEGALLY from anyone who is being investigated?

The reason Barack says it was boneheaded now is because at the time he probably didn't think it would get blown out of proportion like it is now. If he could go back, he probably wouldn't have done it just to keep from hearing about it so much now.

If I know that a close friend of mine is under grand jury investigation for allegedly bribing a public official and I am a public official, I would hope that I am smart enough not to enter into a shady real estate deal with him. Obama evidently did not use good judgment - and that is a gross understatement.

If you hold the position BHO did you don't associate with people under investigation. And Barack said it was boneheaded in 2006 not now. That is when the article I linked was written. He also didn't say crap about it until it surfaced after Rezko was in trouble.

If I know that a close friend of mine is under grand jury investigation for allegedly bribing a public official and I am a public official, I would hope that I am smart enough not to enter into a shady real estate deal with him. Obama evidently did not use good judgment - and that is a gross understatement.
True. :thumb: