Mountain Top 10

3wishes

Same here, gchs. I can't see Whitley "destroying" Johnson Cent. or Breathitt to take the 4th spot, anyway.

If they can destroy everyone in their district this year, that will be another story. I like the top 10, but some are high and some are low. Most everyone in it deserves to be.

(Disclaimer Alert!: IF we are going to reconsider the BGP poll based on scrimmages, I demand LC be moved over Pineville. They were ahead of us and we beat them!:D)

1) Agree about not destroying Johnson Central or Breathitt. I do think it will be interesting to see if Whitley closes the gap between themselves and Letcher/Perry/Clay.

2) Why don't Lynn Camp and Pineville play during the regular season? They are in the same area/basketball district, same size school, LC is usually better but I wouldn't expect them to annually dominate Pineville. Just something I've always wondered.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We always have played Pineville up until the new realignment. Played for decades. Class A, District 7.

Scheduling conflicts, I think, kept them off the last 2 years. Look for them on the next schedule, though. We have had Harlan on the schedule from the old district and W'burg is in our new district. S'set and M'boro moved up and Evarts and Cumberland are gone, but we do have the new Harlan County school on the schedule. That about covers the old district. We have everyone in some form or fashion with the exception of S'set and Pineville. (I do miss the Somerset/LC battles, though. They were fun.)

We always have played Pineville up until the new realignment. Played for decades. Class A, District 7.

Scheduling conflicts, I think, kept them off the last 2 years. Look for them on the next schedule, though. We have had Harlan on the schedule from the old district and W'burg is in our new district. S'set and M'boro moved up and Evarts and Cumberland are gone, but we do have the new Harlan County school on the schedule. That about covers the old district. We have everyone in some form or fashion with the exception of S'set and Pineville. (I do miss the Somerset/LC battles, though. They were fun.)

Thanks! I didn't go back an research it. Just seemed odd the two weren't playing. Good to see the rivalry is back on tap for next year.

10. Rockcastle County

9. Corbin

8. Prestonsburg

7. Letcher County Central

6. Pulaski County

5. Johnson Central

4. Breathitt County

3. Hazard

2. Belfry

1. Bell County

Great 1 hour show dedicated to the kids in the mountains.

I like Breathitt and Pulaski County ahead of Hazard, and Letcher Central somewhere around the 10 spot.

:thumb:Those were some very entertaining games. Very contrasting styles and most came down to the wire. Maybe we can pick it back up after this season when our contracts with Metcalfe and Harlan Co. run out.

I would love to see it happen. If you are in the clique down there, Joe, have your people get word to Asst. Coach Josh McDermot up here at Lynn Camp. Last time I talked to him, he was trying to get some games together for the next few seasons. Wouldn't have as much on the line as it did in the past, but, man were they ever rough games. Might have to wait another year or two, but it would be worth it!!

The only teams that count scrimmage wins or even consider them as substantial grounds for defeating the opponent is usually not very good. I wish people would learn that a scrimmage is a scrimmage and they have zero, absolutely zero weight in factoring in who would win the actual matchup. The worst way to do a poll is by who beat who anyway because there is always someone who beat someone else, ever heard of 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. I believe by your philosphy Jenkins should have been State Champs last year because they beat someone who beat someone who also beat someone that beat the other team that beat Louisville Central in the 3rd week.:irked:
WOW.... and you had to mention Jenkins.

Hazard too high, JC too low. But overall pretty good list.

Why is Hazard too high? They made it to the State Semi-Finals last year and they return EVERYTHING this year....... so too high??

I would love to see it happen. If you are in the clique down there, Joe, have your people get word to Asst. Coach Josh McDermot up here at Lynn Camp. Last time I talked to him, he was trying to get some games together for the next few seasons. Wouldn't have as much on the line as it did in the past, but, man were they ever rough games. Might have to wait another year or two, but it would be worth it!!

I'm just the parent of a freshman. I wouldn't pretend to make suggestions to the coaches. Bob Tucker is the Somerset AD, have Coach McDermot get in touch with him, he can run it by Coach Cobb.

Jenkins needs the love, guys. how many threads do you ever see about them.

That's the only reason I brought it up, no one is ever on here talking about them, and even if he meant it or not, he talked down about them. I support Jenkins, I live 15 minutes from there, and I hope nothing but for good things to happen to them.

Jenkins needs the love, guys. how many threads do you ever see about them. I am going to refer to Jenkins as the 2007 Hypothetical State Champs whenever I bring them up from now on! GO CAVS!!!!

I'm sure you mean well, but I would be willing to bet that Jenkins would not appreciate that kind of "love".

Speak well of them, sure, when it is warranted. Encourage them, always. But as JP55 said, no need to talk down to them or patronize them.

Why is Hazard too high? They made it to the State Semi-Finals last year and they return EVERYTHING this year....... so too high??

Do you think they could beat any of the teams ranked 3-7? I don't think they could. Hazard is a good 1A team, but they are not better than the teams ranked below them.

If they can beat Green Co. or even Johnson Central then they deserve to be up near the top.