8. Prestonsburg

7. Letcher County Central

6. Pulaski County

5. Johnson Central

4. Breathitt County

3. Hazard

2. Belfry

1. Bell County

Great 1 hour show dedicated to the kids in the mountains.

Edited by 3wishes

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will already be a lot of shakeups after week 1 in the top 10 because so many of them play each other or good teams.

#5 v. #4

#10 v. #6

Harlan County v. #7

Louisville Holy Cross v. #2

Green County v. #3

Pikeville v. #8

Paintsville v. #9

Basically there could be a huge shakeup and most likely will be.

Bell County is the only team that is virtually safe, I'd say. Even though I'm not saying they should overlook the Lions but they are very heavy favorites, by 4 or more touchdowns.

Rock too high, they are there on past performance IMHO.

Preseason polls tend to be that way. High school teams can rise and fall quickly and many "non-name" schools are unrankable because you never know what to expect. The best polls always come out 3-4 weeks into the year. But preseason polls sure are fun!

10. Rockcastle County

9. Corbin

8. Prestonsburg

7. Letcher County Central

6. Pulaski County

5. Johnson Central

4. Breathitt County

3. Hazard

2. Belfry

1. Bell County

Great 1 hour show dedicated to the kids in the mountains.

Whitley county should be in the 4TH position, they destoyed Pulaski County.

Whitley county should be in the 4TH position' date=' they destoyed Pulaski County.[/quote']

Scrimmages don't count.

If Whitley County is ranked #4 in this poll at any time this year you can call me the most surprised person in the world!

Whitley county should be in the 4TH position' date=' they destoyed Pulaski County.[/quote']

The only teams that count scrimmage wins or even consider them as substantial grounds for defeating the opponent is usually not very good. I wish people would learn that a scrimmage is a scrimmage and they have zero, absolutely zero weight in factoring in who would win the actual matchup. The worst way to do a poll is by who beat who anyway because there is always someone who beat someone else, ever heard of 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. I believe by your philosphy Jenkins should have been State Champs last year because they beat someone who beat someone who also beat someone that beat the other team that beat Louisville Central in the 3rd week.:irked:

The only teams that count scrimmage wins or even consider them as substantial grounds for defeating the opponent is usually not very good. I wish people would learn that a scrimmage is a scrimmage and they have zero, absolutely zero weight in factoring in who would win the actual matchup. The worst way to do a poll is by who beat who anyway because there is always someone who beat someone else, ever heard of 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. I believe by your philosphy Jenkins should have been State Champs last year because they beat someone who beat someone who also beat someone that beat the other team that beat Louisville Central in the 3rd week.:irked:

:ylsuper::thumb:Agreed totally!

Same here, gchs. I can't see Whitley "destroying" Johnson Cent. or Breathitt to take the 4th spot, anyway.

If they can destroy everyone in their district this year, that will be another story. I like the top 10, but some are high and some are low. Most everyone in it deserves to be.

(Disclaimer Alert!: IF we are going to reconsider the BGP poll based on scrimmages, I demand LC be moved over Pineville. They were ahead of us and we beat them!:D)