Fay is on the way.

swamprat

We got a couple of showers late last night. Nothing since. It's cloudy (looks like Cleveland outsite :D), but no rain or wind. This is thing is going way south of us. I don't expect much of anything here in Tampa. Fay has turned such that Orlando may not even be affected now.

094742W_sm.gif

Fay has finally arrived in SW Ocala. It is raining pretty hard now and is somewhat windy but nothing very strong. The superintendent just called an AlertNow to say that school is called off again tomorrow.

Keep us posted if you can..want you and Rat and all the people to be safe.

I'm about a hundred miles south of LudlowBushmat. For the most part Fay went right around us in the Bay area.

We're getting outter feeder bands here now. It's raining. There are sustained winds, but they are only at about 10-15 mph, enough to give the rain that squawl feel and look. I can't explain it, but it's different than a normal thunderstorm.

Last night we had gusts in the 30-40 mph range. That cleared out dead tree limbs, but that's not enough for any real wind damage.

If you watch the news, you can see what she did to Melborne and all points south. 24 inches of rain. I can't even imagine that. You have to realize that these places were already saturated. This has been a wet summer down here.

There are sustained winds, but they are only at about 10-15 mph, enough to give the rain that squawl feel and look. I can't explain it, but it's different than a normal thunderstorm.
We sat out the fringes of a Cat. 1 hurricane down there one year. I know what you're saying about it being different. The rain is hard and steady, and the wind never lets up.

Oh, and here (from experience) is a tip: Never open the front door and the back door at the same time! :D