Fay is on the way.

swamprat

Hang on to your underwear. This could be bad.

If it Fay maintains the projected center track, it will directly hit the peninsula that is Pinellas County. They will close the bridges leaving US 19 as the only route out. Over 1 million people live there. About 500,000 lived in Orleans Parish when Katina hit and those people weren't near as densely populated as Pinellas County is.

032728W_sm.gif

Does that path put it right on top of your head like the last one Swamprat?
Yup. That path has the eye going just west of my home. I've got plywood from 2004 and 20 gallons of gas for the generator. Tomorrow I'll exchange out a tank of gas for the grill. We could go a few days without electricity if necessary.

No school tomorrow or Wednesday for us. The projected path is now just east of us, which is better than just west. We have hurricane shutters that have been sitting for four years. I was hoping that we wouldn't ever have to use them.
Most every district south and east of you is closed. Hillsborough County schools started back to class today and Pinellas was to start tomorrow. All government offices are closed as well as most businesses. This has less to do with the storm, than the fact that nobody has child care arranged for those who were supposed to be in school tomorrow.

My primary employer is open, but employees may take the day off, if they have children or elderly parents to attend to.

We're getting a few squalls here already. Rain. Not much wind. Looks like Naples and Orlando will get most of it.

As of 11 PM...

205824W_sm.gif

This storm has no justification in touching the gas prices...
Gas prices have gone down around here since the storm warnings started last Thursday, not up. A Reliant station was advertising $3.53/gal as of Sunday afternoon. It was $3.69/gal the day before, when I filled my vehicles and gas cans at Hess for $3.63/gal.

Of course the "report gouging" ads, from the state AG, started on Thursday as well.

By the way, I plan on working all day tomorrow. Unless something extraordinary happens, this storm is going to produce a ton of rain, maybe spawn a few tornados, but not much else. They made it sound a whole lot worse Saturday and Sunday.

However, I'm a big believer in being better safe than sorry. I've got no problem with the media overreacting a little. You can never be too ready.

No school tomorrow or Wednesday for us. The projected path is now just east of us, which is better than just west. We have hurricane shutters that have been sitting for four years. I was hoping that we wouldn't ever have to use them.

By the way, I plan on working all day tomorrow. Unless something extraordinary happens, this storm is going to produce a ton of rain, maybe spawn a few tornados, but not much else. They made it sound a whole lot worse Saturday and Sunday.

However, I'm a big believer in being better safe than sorry. I've got no problem with the media overreacting a little. You can never be too ready.

When I heard about this storm...I thought of you two. Be safe and update us when you can.