Patriots Receive 18-1 Rings!

An imprefect solution

There was the journey toward a 16-0 regular season and the AFC championship, then the bitter ending of a crushing defeat in Super Bowl XLII. When top Patriots officials gathered this offseason, they pondered the best way to celebrate a season that had such exhilarating highs and one crushing low.

In the end, after declaring the season the fourth-greatest achievement in team history, they elected to have a private ceremony to commemorate it last Monday at Gillette Stadium.

Owner Robert Kraft and team president Jonathan Kraft presented the players with rings. On one side of the ring, it reads "16-0 -- perfect season." On the other, it reads "18-1, AFC Championship."

In addition, a banner was made to commemorate the season, and it was unveiled at the ceremony, with Kraft pulling a rope as it came down from the ceiling. It will be displayed at Gillette Stadium, next to the team's Super Bowl banners.

LINK

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So they should have ignored 16-0 and an AFC title? Seriously???

I just thought it was funny. No need to take offense :lol:.

I've never heard of someone celebrating 2nd place...especially considering that they have won 3 super bowls recently. It's not a big deal...seriously. Maybe I'll take the "seriously" out of the title so no one else is offended.

I just thought it was funny. No need to take offense :lol:.

I've never heard of someone celebrating 2nd place...especially considering that they have won 3 super bowls recently. It's not a big deal...seriously. Maybe I'll take the "seriously" out of the title so no one else is offended.

Where was I offended? Conference title rings for the SB loser are a regular thing...

Where was I offended? Conference title rings for the SB loser are a regular thing...

It looked like you took what I said a little too serious. Maybe I was wrong to think that.

So they should have ignored 16-0 and an AFC title? Seriously???