4 Corbin

5 Prestonburg

6 DeSales

7 Green Co.

8 Trigg Co.

9 Middlesboro

10 Bardstown

I think any of the first four has what it takes to win State.jmo

NewCath is ranked too high to begin the preseason at #2. They may finish #1 or #2, but there are some big shoes to fill on the defenses.

I agree 100%, they lost thier whole defense beside one starter from the previous season I believe.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I agree 100%, they lost thier whole defense beside one starter from the previous season I believe.

From what I hear out of Newcath their D is looking shaky, I mean there basically relying on a whole new D. From what I remember their Jv defense wasn't anything special so I don't see them doing much on that side of the ball. But watch out for the tandem of Kues and Kelly their Offense is going to be explosive. Also, I know I have said it a 100 times and I know I'm biased toward HC. But their Defense is looking strong as ever with NKY's leading tackler back in Brad Herald, and watch out for Walker and Roenker in the backfield, they have just as much talent as Newcath's backfield and with solid protection, this Offense might get into a groove and be one of the tougher teams to mess with in 2A. If not all of NKY.:thumb:

I think Bardstown will surprise some teams this year. They have some big lineman with little experience. If they give the quarterback some time to throw the ball it will open alot of things up for the running game. Bardstown has some talented tall senoir receivers in Hickman and Phillips. Bardstown always have speed in there running game so if there line holds up and people step up in defense they will be fine.

A good assessment. The Tigers skill players as a unit are very strong, and the possibility of an air attack this year is exciting, plus one of the state's best fullbacks in Rashuan Phillips. It all comes down to how far along the line has come.

The Danville game is at home this year, I'm not sure I'd write the Tigers off just yet . . .

Does anyone know how severe graduation losses were for Danville, NCC, and Bardstown ??

The preview leads one to believe they were SEVERE...

Bardstown's losses on the offensive line (all 5) and defensive front (4 of 6) were grievous. Though they lost their top ball carrier, I think they will re-load there without problem.

Danville graduated an awful lot of players, too, but I remember from the roster that they just had a ton of juniors with game experience.

Green County has some of their skill players back, but lost several of their most experienced lineman and defensive stars. Metcalfe County still has Daniel Deleon, one of the best unheralded little backs in the western part of the state.

Fort Campbell still has a real good core (or down there is it "corps"), but I think their QB really was a valuable, valuable commodity and will not be easily replaced.

I think Antonio Andrews can be every bit as talented on the field as CJ Croft was. He's quicker and throws a better deep ball than Croft. Will he stay in the pocket long enough to make the pass is the question. He may not be the leader Croft was but he's also a junior. I think Fort Campbell will be fine at the QB spot. The big hole to fill will be McWherter on defense and Rhinestine on the O-line. I've been told the Falcons players have worked twice as hard in the weightroom in the spring and summer. A recruiting service film crew went to FC to interview some of their top players and made the comment they had never seen a team work ethic in the weight room like they saw at Fort Campbell.