Rank the State - 2a

After reading the preseason reviews, let's hear what everyone thinks will be this years Top 10. Here's mine:

1) Danville

2) Ft Campbell

3) NCC

4) Corbin

5) Prestonsburg

6) Green Co

7) Oboro Catholic

8) Cov Holy Cross

9) Glasgow

10) Desales

Bardstown, Trigg Co, Metcalfe Co, Middlesboro, Murray & Caldwell Co also getting consideration...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the preseason reviews, let's hear what everyone thinks will be this years Top 10. Here's mine:

1) Danville

2) Ft Campbell

3) NCC

4) Corbin

5) Prestonsburg

6) Green Co

7) Oboro Catholic

8) Cov Holy Cross

9) Glasgow

10) Desales

Bardstown, Trigg Co, Metcalfe Co, Middlesboro, Murray & Caldwell Co also getting consideration...

I assume by your rankings that you predict Monroe Co. to finish behind Green, Glasgow and Metcalfe? I can't see that happening...

I assume by your rankings that you predict Monroe Co. to finish behind Green, Glasgow and Metcalfe? I can't see that happening...

I think that sounds right. Both Green Co. and Glasgow have a bunch back and I think most people think Monroe underachieved last year with all of the hype surrounding their junior class. But it will no doubt be a improved district this year.

I definately see Green Co and Glasgow ahead of Monroe. Unsure about Metcalfe Co.. I know they lost some really good players to graduation. I mostly put them in the consideration category because of the past couple of yrs, so you could be right..hey, this is just an opinion poll, so, if you feel Monroe deserves the props, let's hear your rankings..

I think that sounds right. Both Green Co. and Glasgow have a bunch back and I think most people think Monroe underachieved last year with all of the hype surrounding their junior class. But it will no doubt be a improved district this year.

If Monroe finishes last in the district then something is terribly wrong. I've been watching this senior class for sometime now and have seen them beat Glasgow and Metcalfe like a drum every year from middle school thru JV.

I definately see Green Co and Glasgow ahead of Monroe. Unsure about Metcalfe Co.. I know they lost some really good players to graduation. I mostly put them in the consideration category because of the past couple of yrs, so you could be right..hey, this is just an opinion poll, so, if you feel Monroe deserves the props, let's hear your rankings..

I realize it's an opinion poll that's why I chimed in with my opinion. I don't see anything wrong with your rankings, I just can't see Monroe finishing last in the district... And I'll post my rankings after I research it a little more...

If Monroe finishes last in the district then something is terribly wrong. I've been watching this senior class for sometime now and have seen them beat Glasgow and Metcalfe like a drum every year from middle school thru JV.

True, but what did they do at the varsity level last year? I agree that a fourth place finish should cause some people to scratch their heads in Tompkinsville. I think they finish ahead of Metcalfe but it's tough to beat a team with a great back. I think Monroe is looking at a third place finish in the district but that's why they play the games. Should be a fun district to watch.

I think Bardstown will surprise some teams this year. They have some big lineman with little experience. If they give the quarterback some time to throw the ball it will open alot of things up for the running game. Bardstown has some talented tall senoir receivers in Hickman and Phillips. Bardstown always have speed in there running game so if there line holds up and people step up in defense they will be fine.