Rank the State - 2a

With the improvement of programs like Lloyd, Desales, Green Co, Cov Holy Cross & Murray, then your typical powers, NCC, Ft Campbell, Danville, Corbin and throw in a few more solid programs like Middlesboro, Bardstown, ObCatholic, Trigg Co, PBurg, Caldwell Co, Glasgow & Metcalfe Co and 2a is shaping up to be awefully tough. That's 17 teams right there that are capable of beating anyone on a given night and all could very well be Top 10 teams when it's all said and done. Should be interesting to say the least...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2A is better top to bottom this year.

I agree...Unlike the other classes with 2 or 3, maybe 4 legit contenders, 2a has at least 7 or 8 real contenders with at least that many more that can beat you if you're not hitting on all cylinders...

With the improvement of programs like Lloyd, Desales, Green Co, Cov Holy Cross & Murray, then your typical powers, NCC, Ft Campbell, Danville, Corbin and throw in a few more solid programs like Middlesboro, Bardstown, ObCatholic, Trigg Co, PBurg, Caldwell Co, Glasgow & Metcalfe Co and 2a is shaping up to be awefully tough. That's 17 teams right there that are capable of beating anyone on a given night and all could very well be Top 10 teams when it's all said and done. Should be interesting to say the least...

Very true.:thumb:

I agree...Unlike the other classes with 2 or 3, maybe 4 legit contenders, 2a has at least 7 or 8 real contenders with at least that many more that can beat you if you're not hitting on all cylinders...

I think only five or so teams can win it this year. Fort Campbell, Danville, Prestonsburg, NCC, or Owensboro Catholic.

I think only five or so teams can win it this year. Fort Campbell, Danville, Prestonsburg, NCC, or Owensboro Catholic.

Well, if you're throwing Owens Cath out there then you gotta throw Trigg Co out there, too. I think they're pretty equal in talent with Trigg possibly having a little more returning and if Desales is dressing 80+ kids, you gotta think they'll have enough talent to win it all. They were pretty solid last year..I also think by years end, Corbin could be really good. They may struggle early, but, by yrs end, they'll have a say in things..

Well, if you're throwing Owens Cath out there then you gotta throw Trigg Co out there, too. I think they're pretty equal in talent with Trigg possibly having a little more returning and if Desales is dressing 80+ kids, you gotta think they'll have enough talent to win it all. They were pretty solid last year..I also think by years end, Corbin could be really good. They may struggle early, but, by yrs end, they'll have a say in things..

I think the big question for Trigg County will be the defense.

I think the big question for Trigg County will be the defense.

Actually, I think the biggest thing Trigg needs is consistancy. Last year, they did a complete hot to cold (and tried to get hot again) transition.

It's REALLY hard to get a feel for a team when it plays that way...

:creepy:

I see it this way:

1. Fort Campbell

2. Danville

3. Prestonsburg

4. Green County

5. Newport Central Catholic

6. Corbin

7. Owensboro Catholic

8. Trigg Co.

9. Glasgow

10. DeSales

-tie- Bardstown

I realize I may have NewCath too low because they have a habit of making it work and Green Co. too high for the opposite reason. But ,IMO, the amount and quality of returnees trumps "traditional power" standing.

:bunny:

From what I hear out of Newcath their D is looking shaky, I mean there basically relying on a whole new D. From what I remember their Jv defense wasn't anything special so I don't see them doing much on that side of the ball. But watch out for the tandem of Kues and Kelly their Offense is going to be explosive. Also, I know I have said it a 100 times and I know I'm biased toward HC. But their Defense is looking strong as ever with NKY's leading tackler back in Brad Herald, and watch out for Walker and Roenker in the backfield, they have just as much talent as Newcath's backfield and with solid protection, this Offense might get into a groove and be one of the tougher teams to mess with in 2A. If not all of NKY.:thumb:

I was with you right up till the "If not all of NKY..". HC has talent and Walker, Roenker and Herald are good players but move them up to 4, 5 and 6 A, then things would change. When you get to that level. There are a number of kids on each squad at Highlands, Holmes, BC, NCC, CovCath, Dixie, Beechwood and Ryle that are as good as, if not better. HHS, CCH and NCC each have the top players at all three skill positions and Vansant from CCH may be one the top 10 players in the state.

As far as the defense, HHS has the best set of LB's in NKY with CCH very close behind. CCH will field the toughest D-Line. Hearld is good but, until he goes up against HHS, CCH, LaSalle, Elder, St. X -Louisville, Cardinal Mooney, Johnson Central, Bowling Greene, Trinity, Trotwood and the likes...well, I will leave it at that.

I know HC was undefeted as freshman and did well in JV, but the Jr. and Sr years are the years when things even out. Especially when you include the off season training. The freshman and soph years are good for bragging rites in their respective class, but until HC begins to play the elite programs, it is hard to compare them to all of NKY. I am not running them down the road, just putting things in perspective. I hope they have a great season. I know most of them and they are great kids, but let's compare apples to apples.

I see it this way:

1. Fort Campbell

2. Danville

3. Prestonsburg

4. Green County

5. Newport Central Catholic

6. Corbin

7. Owensboro Catholic

8. Trigg Co.

9. Glasgow

10. DeSales

-tie- Bardstown

I realize I may have NewCath too low because they have a habit of making it work and Green Co. too high for the opposite reason. But ,IMO, the amount and quality of returnees trumps "traditional power" standing.

:bunny:

I don't see much problem with that, but, my order would be slightly different and I'd add Cov H.Cross in the mix...

1-2-3 in any order

Danville

NCC

Ft Campbell

4-10 in no particular order

Prestonsburg

Oboro Catholic

Corbin

Green Co

Cov Holy cross

Desales

Trigg Co

11-15 in no particular order

Bardstown

Glasgow

Lloyd Mem

Murray

Metcalfe Co

16+ in no particular order

Monroe Co

S.Valley

Caldwell Co

Middlesboro

CAL

I was with you right up till the "If not all of NKY..". HC has talent and Walker, Roenker and Herald are good players but move them up to 4, 5 and 6 A, then things would change. When you get to that level. There are a number of kids on each squad at Highlands, Holmes, BC, NCC, CovCath, Dixie, Beechwood and Ryle that are as good as, if not better. HHS, CCH and NCC each have the top players at all three skill positions and Vansant from CCH may be one the top 10 players in the state.

As far as the defense, HHS has the best set of LB's in NKY with CCH very close behind. CCH will field the toughest D-Line. Hearld is good but, until he goes up against HHS, CCH, LaSalle, Elder, St. X -Louisville, Cardinal Mooney, Johnson Central, Bowling Greene, Trinity, Trotwood and the likes...well, I will leave it at that.

I know HC was undefeted as freshman and did well in JV, but the Jr. and Sr years are the years when things even out. Especially when you include the off season training. The freshman and soph years are good for bragging rites in their respective class, but until HC begins to play the elite programs, it is hard to compare them to all of NKY. I am not running them down the road, just putting things in perspective. I hope they have a great season. I know most of them and they are great kids, but let's compare apples to apples.

I definatly see where your coming from, I guess we will just have to wait till the season.:thumb: