The Pope

Jesus himself warned us not to offend small children, because their guardian angels have guaranteed intercessory access to the Father: "See that you do not despise one of these little ones; for I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven" (Matt. 18:10).

Thank you for that verse, somehow I had never seen it clearly to mean that there are indeed guardian angels. I checked it out in the Bibles most often used by my denomination (OK, the King James Version) and that is what it says. That is good news and I'm going to check into this further.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Col 1:18 - And he (Christ) is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

Where is there room for the Pope? Christ is the only authority of the church!

Have you never asked anyone else to pray for you or for someone in need? Asking for the prayers of Mary or the saints is no different.

Maybe it's the wording of the prayer that confuses us non-Catholics. Now, granted, most of what I know of Catholics comes from TV or Rockmom, but I wouldn't say "Hail Peprock, full of grace, blessed art thou amongst posters, intercede on my behalf .........."

See? It looks more like a prayer to rather than a request.

Maybe it's the wording of the prayer that confuses us non-Catholics. Now, granted, most of what I know of Catholics comes from TV or Rockmom, but I wouldn't say "Hail Peprock, full of grace, blessed art thou amongst posters, intercede on my behalf .........."

See? It looks more like a prayer to rather than a request.

This is the prayer:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

The prayer is a plea from us to her to intercede. We honor her. She was the Mother of Jesus, the most reverent of women chosen by God to be the mother of his son. The prayer begins with our acknowledgement of her place, her special status in God's eyes.

The prayer is a plea from us to her to intercede. We honor her. She was the Mother of Jesus, the most reverent of women chosen by God to be the mother of his son. The prayer begins with our acknowledgement of her place, her special status in God's eyes.

Right, but the point was that asking her to intervene was similar to asking and Earthly friend to pray for you. Anyway, it not that important. I have a question that I am more interested in. It seems to me that Catholics, (and several other denominations for that matter) are rather anti-evangelical. Is this so and if it is, how do you justify it?

Right, but the point was that asking her to intervene was similar to asking and Earthly friend to pray for you. Anyway, it not that important. I have a question that I am more interested in. It seems to me that Catholics, (and several other denominations for that matter) are rather anti-evangelical. Is this so and if it is, how do you justify it?

I'm not sure what you mean by anti-evangelical. :confused:

I'm not gonna say anything because I respect everyone's religion.

If a religion wants to handle snakes, doesn't effect me.

If they want women Pastors/deacons, doesn't effect me.

If they refuse Musical Instruments in service ^^^^.

If they want to speak in Tonuges ^^^^.

At least they have a religion. And that all that matters.

I'm so happy with with my posts.

John 3:16

I'm not sure what you mean by anti-evangelical. :confused:

I've seen many references in these forums to religious denominations who actively seek out new members. Usually it is frowned upon as meddling and condemned as being judgemental. Apparently, many have had bad experiences with overzealous evangelistic sects. Many others believe that "living my life as a good person and an example" is sufficient. I've noticed in the old western movies almost every Southwestern town has a Catholic mission in it. Do you no longer actively seek converts?