A Question On Adoption

I tolerate that belief the same way I tolerate racist and sexsist beliefs....I dont.

That seems rather hypocritical and if I may say typical of those that I know on the left.

They preach tolerance but don't practice it towards people who disagree with them.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what you're getting at. Are you trying to trap someone into saying they would rather the baby be dead (aborted) than to see it adopted by a gay couple?

Like others, my answer is no, I don't want the baby aborted and no, I don't want it adopted by a gay couple.

So, if a baby isn't aborted (which I hope it isn't), and there's no straight adoptive couple or single person, would you rather the baby be in foster care?

Most I know on the extreme right aren't hypocrites, at least. They neither preach nor practice tolerance.;)

As to homosexuals adopting, my question is this:

If a homosexual man or woman feels the urge to have a child(which has to come from a heterosexual union, so to speak), doesn't that contradict the theory that homosexuality is a biological fact rather than a state of mind or lifestyle choice?

So, if a baby isn't aborted (which I hope it isn't), and there's no straight adoptive couple or single person, would you rather the baby be in foster care?

Not to throw a wrench in the works but there are foster parents that are homosexuals as well.

Not to throw a wrench in the works but there are foster parents that are homosexuals as well.

True. I wonder what those opposed to homosexuals adopting feel about the possiblity of a child being placed in a foster home of a homosexual.

So why is it unfathomable that if abortion were illegal that perhaps some of the parents would become responsible parents? Is that not an option? Seems as if all some of you give as an alternative for those who no longer can have an abortion is adoption. Is there no chance that the parent/s may not own up the the responsibility? I also think that without abortion as an option that perhaps there may be a bit more "prevention" by those who are somewhat careless because they know if anything "happens" that they can no longer extinguish their "problem". Just a thought. Crazy, I know, to think that folks could somehow own up to the responsibility that they created.

True. I wonder what those opposed to homosexuals adopting feel about the possiblity of a child being placed in a foster home of a homosexual.

Keep adding on. What about foster care? What if the foster parents lived in Tennessee? What if the foster parents lived in Tennessee, and had a meth lab? What if the foster parents lived in Tennessee, had a meth lab, and were convicted chain saw murderers. Give me a break, people!

Fine. Rather than give the kids to chain saw wielding, meth cooking, orange wearing, foster parents, give 'em to the gay couple.

Happy now? Geez.

Keep adding on. What about foster care? What if the foster parents lived in Tennessee? What if the foster parents lived in Tennessee, and had a meth lab? What if the foster parents lived in Tennessee, had a meth lab, and were convicted chain saw murderers. Give me a break, people!

Fine. Rather than give the kids to chain saw wielding, meth cooking, orange wearing, foster parents, give 'em to the gay couple.

Happy now? Geez.

:lol: I'm assuming you're joking.

Look....there is so much hate in the world. Our world is filled with hate. There are children taken away every day because parents are unfit. Some kids never survive their unfit parents. Children in America go unadopted, growing up in foster homes, group homes, shuttled from place to place with no way to develop a sense of permanance, a sense of self. They grow up questioning what is wrong with them!

I don't approve of abortion. I don't approve of homosexuality, however I recognize that homosexuals, like heterosexuals are people. There are good ones, bad ones, depraved ones, saintly ones. I personally know many, many wonderful gay couples, and gay singles. They are loving, giving, caring people. They are involved in their churches (yes they believe in God). They volunteer in the community. They have good jobs and great homes. Some of the couples I know have been together for 10, 15 years. They're obviously committed to each other.

If you ask me what I want for any child, I will tell you that I believe that the priority should be that they are loved. And if a gay person or gay couple is the answer to providing a child a stable home, a family, a way to not be put into a foster system fraught with it's own set of issues, I am 100% for gays to have the right to foster or adopt children.

At the end of my life, I'd much rather take my chances that I stand before God and be able to say that I accepted that a homosexual may be a good person, than to say I was one who stood in the way of a child having a lovely family.

"Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me."

(Matthew 25:40)

I'm hoping by now you've seen the post above yours.

Look, I'm not all that passionate about this thing. I've stated my beliefs and I stand by them. It's what I believe is right.

Gooch was obviously looking for someone to state what I did and I gave him his wish. :devil:

Edited by HHSDad
fix quote

Look....there is so much hate in the world. Our world is filled with hate. There are children taken away every day because parents are unfit. Some kids never survive their unfit parents. Children in America go unadopted, growing up in foster homes, group homes, shuttled from place to place with no way to develop a sense of permanance, a sense of self. They grow up questioning what is wrong with them!

I don't approve of abortion. I don't approve of homosexuality, however I recognize that homosexuals, like heterosexuals are people. There are good ones, bad ones, depraved ones, saintly ones. I personally know many, many wonderful gay couples, and gay singles. They are loving, giving, caring people. They are involved in their churches (yes they believe in God). They volunteer in the community. They have good jobs and great homes. Some of the couples I know have been together for 10, 15 years. They're obviously committed to each other.

If you ask me what I want for any child, I will tell you that I believe that the priority should be that they are loved. And if a gay person or gay couple is the answer to providing a child a stable home, a family, a way to not be put into a foster system fraught with it's own set of issues, I am 100% for gays to have the right to foster or adopt children.

At the end of my life, I'd much rather take my chances that I stand before God and be able to say that I accepted that a homosexual may be a good person, than to say I was one who stood in the way of a child having a lovely family.

"Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me."

(Matthew 25:40)

Mom, we could go on and on quoting scripture anywhere from Leviticus when God calls homosexuality an abomination to the scriptures where he outlines marriage (old testament and new). For those who believe in God, I just don't see how anyone can think that a child being raised by homosexuals can be scriptual in any shape or form. And your reference to the verse in Matthew, are you inferring that homosexuals are the "least of my people"? Or did I misunderstand?

I'm hoping by now you've seen the post above yours.

Look, I'm not all that passionate about this thing. I've stated my beliefs and I stand by them. It's what I believe is right.

Gooch was obviously looking for someone to state what I did and I gave him his wish. :devil:

That's fine. I stated mine as well, and it's what I believe is right.

As to your last statement....you ain't right. :p

Mom, we could go on and on quoting scripture anywhere from Leviticus when God calls homosexuality an abomination to the scriptures where he outlines marriage (old testament and new). For those who believe in God, I just don't see how anyone can think that a child being raised by homosexuals can be scriptual in any shape or form. And your reference to the verse in Matthew, are you inferring that homosexuals are the "least of my people"? Or did I misunderstand?

You're right. We could go on and on. There's also the whole "Judge not lest ye be judged" I could throw out.

Now, as to what I meant:

The "least of my people" are actually a lot of different people. They are the poor, the downtrodden, the children who can't help themselves. They are those who sin. None among us are perfect. The danger we all face is treating others as if they are worse than ourselves. We are not asked to approve of their lifestyles. But we are called to threat them with respect and to recognize they're God's Children. There is no simple, black/white answer here. It's one of life's paradoxes. Here we are debating if abortion worse or better than a gay person or couple raising an unwanted child. I have to say, I think God would choose to have that child live and be raised by a gay person, than to never have the opportunity of life at all.

I believe that every child needs a mother and a father. Without that balance, they get a lopsided view of things. I think that's one reason this country has gotten screwed up as bad as it is, because people feel that a child doesn't need both to be raised right. No offense meant to single or gay parents, because, while I'm sure they do the best job they can, I don't think they do as well as a mother and father working together to raise a child. And I will be the first to admit that many single and gay parents do a better job raising their children than straight couples do. That is not so much a justification to gay and single parenting as it is a condemnation of bad parenting by heterosexual couples.

You're right. We could go on and on. There's also the whole "Judge not lest ye be judged" I could throw out.

Now, as to what I meant:

The "least of my people" are actually a lot of different people. They are the poor, the downtrodden, the children who can't help themselves. They are those who sin. None among us are perfect. The danger we all face is treating others as if they are worse than ourselves. We are not asked to approve of their lifestyles. But we are called to threat them with respect and to recognize they're God's Children. There is no simple, black/white answer here. It's one of life's paradoxes. Here we are debating if abortion worse or better than a gay person or couple raising an unwanted child. I have to say, I think God would choose to have that child live and be raised by a gay person, than to never have the opportunity of life at all.

I love when folks bring that quote out. It says that we are not to judge lest we also be judged by the same measure. I cannot speak for how God would choose if given the option. I'm quite sure that God intended life or the conception wouldn't have happened. I'm also sure that God intended the parent to be just that....a parent. Women who lay with women can't conceive for a reason. Same for men. Pretty plain and simply stated and designed by God. As for the adoptive parent pool running out soon, I don't see that as a problem. I know 3 sets of parents personally who couldn't concieve a child of their own and waited for years to adopt an American child. So, that hypothetical is silly IMO. Would I rather a child live, even if it had to be raised by homosexuals vs. being aborted? How can a Christian person say they would not? However, in no way does that constitute God condoning homosexuals being parents according to scripture.