A Question On Adoption

Question:

Would you support a ban on abortion (state's choice or nationwide) if such ban meant that homosexual couples could become foster parents and adoptive parents?

Thanks for the heads up on the bad wording Bluto! :)

Edited by HHSDad
Re-Word

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you support a ban on abortion(in either a national or state level) if that meant that homosexual couples would be able to adopt and be foster parents.

I think you need one more try. Is the ban on abortion or is on adoption?

Apparently my brain is garbled today and the words arent just coming.

Let me rephrase one more time.

Would you support a law that allowed gay couples to be foster and adoptive parents if that meant that abortion would be banned on either a state or national level.

Apparently my brain is garbled today and the words arent just coming.

Let me rephrase one more time.

Would you support a law that allowed gay couples to be foster and adoptive parents if that meant that abortion would be banned on either a state or national level.

How would you link gay adoption and abortion into an issue?

Are gay parents not allowed to be parents today?

How would you link gay adoption and abortion into an issue?

Are gay parents not allowed to be parents today?

I believe that there is some issue in some states with homosexual couples being able to adopt and being able to be foster parents.

The link is simple...I support abortion to some degree because the foster system in this country is half of what it should be. There are many loving families who are prevented from becoming foster families or adopting because they are homosexual couples.

Althought it doesn't prevent a judge from ruling against an adoption based on sexual orientation, I know of no state that has a law that prevents gay adoption. Does Kentucky?

I think you brought up what I was talking about. A lot of judges and or Child protective services do rule against homosexual foster and adoptive parents deeming them unfit to raise a child.

Adoptive couples should be one mother and father.

Abortion should be outlawed.

I would be in favor of giving major tax breaks for adoptive parents in the raising of a foster or adopted AMERICAN child. Not so much in adopting a child from a foreign country while American children need adopted.

I wouldn't have a problem with Tom Selleck, Ted Danson or Steve Guttenberg adopting a young girl together.

Adoptive couples should be one mother and father.

Abortion should be outlawed.

I would be in favor of giving major tax breaks for adoptive parents in the raising of a foster or adopted AMERICAN child. Not so much in adopting a child from a foreign country while American children need adopted.

I wouldn't have a problem with Tom Selleck, Ted Danson or Steve Guttenberg adopting a young girl together.

I know plenty of homosexuals who would do a wonderful job of raising a family. I know one especially who had a child by his wife, and realized he was gay much later in life; he is a wonderful father along with his life partner.

I know plenty of homosexuals who would do a wonderful job of raising a family. I know one especially who had a child by his wife, and realized he was gay much later in life; he is a wonderful father along with his life partner.

Don't doubt they would.

Although you could argue that divorcing the mother does not constitute you being a wonderful father.

But I think it is only fair and consistent, that if I am going to say no to marriage and to civil unions, than no to them adopting as a couple.

Don't doubt they would.

Although you could argue that divorcing the mother does not constitute you being a wonderful father.

But I think it is only fair and consistent, that if I am going to say no to marriage and to civil unions, than no to them adopting as a couple.

At least your consistent, I respect you for that.

Actually they divorced a few years before he came out. It was a mutual we don't work as a couple anymore thing. They didnt feel like fighting constantly in front of their daughter. They are actually better friends than husband and wife.