A Question On Adoption

I love when folks bring that quote out. It says that we are not to judge lest we also be judged by the same measure. I cannot speak for how God would choose if given the option. I'm quite sure that God intended life or the conception wouldn't have happened. I'm also sure that God intended the parent to be just that....a parent. Women who lay with women can't conceive for a reason. Same for men. Pretty plain and simply stated and designed by God. As for the adoptive parent pool running out soon, I don't see that as a problem. I know 3 sets of parents personally who couldn't concieve a child of their own and waited for years to adopt an American child. So, that hypothetical is silly IMO. Would I rather a child live, even if it had to be raised by homosexuals vs. being aborted? How can a Christian person say they would not? However, in no way does that constitute God condoning homosexuals being parents according to scripture.

Let me throw yet another wrench into the equation. There are waiting lists for parents to adopt babies.

What about all the older children out there? What about all the children who are eligible to be adopted that have been removed from abusive families? No one wants either of the above categories of children, because they want a baby. They think a baby comes without problems. They think a child in one of the above categories is "damaged" and they don't want to deal with it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me throw yet another wrench into the equation. There are waiting lists for parents to adopt babies.

What about all the older children out there? What about all the children who are eligible to be adopted that have been removed from abusive families? No one wants either of the above categories of children, because they want a baby. They think a baby comes without problems. They think a child in one of the above categories is "damaged" and they don't want to deal with it.

I'll return the wrench, what if they were placed in an "abusive" homosexual family home? Is this silly to argue.:rolleyes:

Are these the children being adopted by gay couples?

I'll return the wrench, what if they were placed in an "abusive" homosexual family home? Is this silly to argue.:rolleyes:

You make my point for me though. There are good people and bad people. The point is that the child be raised by good people. I don't think it should matter whether they're hetero or homosexual.

Well, if we make it easy for gay couples to adopt, they'll want all the cute little ones also. In the interest of all the difficult to place, older children with problems, I vote we continue discriminating against gay couples. :p

You make my point for me though. There are good people and bad people. The point is that the child be raised by good people. I don't think it should matter whether they're hetero or homosexual.

I absolutely disagree. So, that's where we are. And I'm okay with that!:D

Well, if we make it easy for gay couples to adopt, they'll want all the cute little ones also. In the interest of all the difficult to place, older children with problems, I vote we continue discriminating against gay couples. :p

It is just as easy for a gay person to adopt as it is a straight person.

With out getting into whether I think it is right or wrong for a person to be homosexual I want to say this. There are plenty of kids that get a raw deal and are born to some of the worst people you can imagine. Their mom's are crack heads and thier dad is God knows where. When the child is removed the first option is a family member. If that is not an option then a foster home. If that foster home happens to be a gay couple that will love that child like their own then so be it. If they decide they want to adopt the child then so be it. I guarantee you that child is in 1000 times better situation then he/she was born into. Anyone that is opposed to gay foster homes or adoption then how about stepping up and open your home to these kids. There are way too few people that are doing this and if gay couples are willing then so be it.

With out getting into whether I think it is right or wrong for a person to be homosexual I want to say this. There are plenty of kids that get a raw deal and are born to some of the worst people you can imagine. Their mom's are crack heads and thier dad is God knows where. When the child is removed the first option is a family member. If that is not an option then a foster home. If that foster home happens to be a gay couple that will love that child like their own then so be it. If they decide they want to adopt the child then so be it. I guarantee you that child is in 1000 times better situation then he/she was born into. Anyone that is opposed to gay foster homes or adoption then how about stepping up and open your home to these kids. There are way too few people that are doing this and if gay couples are willing then so be it.

:thumb:

See, that's all I'm saying.:thumb:

What are y'all trying to prove by pointing out that there are worse parents than gay couples? Remus, Romulus and Tarzan all had alternative raisings but I'm sure you could point out that it's better to be raised by wolves or apes than by snakes or crocodiles.

What are y'all trying to prove by pointing out that there are worse parents than gay couples? Remus, Romulus and Tarzan all had alternative raisings but I'm sure you could point out that it's better to be raised by wolves or apes than by snakes or crocodiles.

Dude, that's fiction! :lol: Don't go clouding the issue with unrealistic examples. We're having enough problems with reality. :lol: