Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 2008/09

Featured Replies

From what I have been told, she has already been ruled eligible to play next season.

 

Good luck to her and the Ryle girls. With the players they have coming back, they should make some noise and have a very good year.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they are going to be very good and fun to watch. I wish Cheeseman the best and have enjoyed watching her play.

 

In our district you definitely can go to school if you parent is an employee of the school. It does not matter where you live.

 

This will be an interesting group in the coming years.

It does not matter what capacity that you are employeed as long as you are employeed, anyone from a janitor to a teaching position.

 

This may be true in the Boone Co School System but not all school systems. Just because a person draws a paycheck from a school does not necessarily mean they are actually an employee of said school.

 

IMO, an employee is a person who is getting paid benefits along w/a salary. Para-professionals do not get any state benefits just to coach.

 

As I stated before if this is how she is being enrolled and playing this opens a very big can of worms all over the state. I really don't think this is how it is being done by dad being a coach. They surely moved!

This may be true in the Boone Co School System but not all school systems. Just because a person draws a paycheck from a school does not necessarily mean they are actually an employee of said school.

 

IMO, an employee is a person who is getting paid benefits along w/a salary. Para-professionals do not get any state benefits just to coach.

 

As I stated before if this is how she is being enrolled and playing this opens a very big can of worms all over the state. I really don't think this is how it is being done by dad being a coach. They surely moved!

 

So you do not consider a P/T time person who doesn't draw benefits an employee? BTW para professionals do recieve a state benefit. KHSAA coaches pass.

So you do not consider a P/T time person who doesn't draw benefits an employee? BTW para professionals do recieve a state benefit. KHSAA coaches pass.

 

 

Clever! Correct, a person who is not recieving health benefits, etc IMO is not an employee. Receiving a pay check is just that, receiving a pay check. I can do free lance work and receive payment, am I an employee of that place, NO!

 

Time will tell about this situation but I have known several para-professionals who have coached at different schools and that did not mean there child could attend there if they were out of district w/out paying tuition. In this case, no tuition involved due to Boone Schools not accepting tuition for anyone in any case.

This may be true in the Boone Co School System but not all school systems. Just because a person draws a paycheck from a school does not necessarily mean they are actually an employee of said school.

 

IMO, an employee is a person who is getting paid benefits along w/a salary. Para-professionals do not get any state benefits just to coach.

 

As I stated before if this is how she is being enrolled and playing this opens a very big can of worms all over the state. I really don't think this is how it is being done by dad being a coach. They surely moved!

 

I was answering the question as to how a student can enroll in a district other than the one in which they reside. That would be how they could do it in Boone County.

 

Now eligibility from the KHSAA is a different matter all together.

I was answering the question as to how a student can enroll in a district other than the one in which they reside. That would be how they could do it in Boone County.

 

Now eligibility from the KHSAA is a different matter all together.

 

So, as a para-professional in the Boone System, a person can send their child to any Boone school they desire? I am not referring to a custodian, bus driver, teacher, etc. I am talking about a parent who is hired to be a coach only!

So, as a para-professional in the Boone System, a person can send their child to any Boone school they desire? I am not referring to a custodian, bus driver, teacher, etc. I am talking about a parent who is hired to be a coach only!

 

From what I understand yes, because they are employees.

Para professionals in the Boone County system do receive benefits if they work over 20 hours per week. They are offered retirement and health benefits.

Today, I heard from a source that claims to be very close to the Ryle program that Moss is not going to play at Ryle. I was told that she has not been going to practice or participating in team activities. Does anyone have any updates or additional information? This would be a huge blow to the team if she does not play.

I heard the same thing about Moss. and as far as the Cheesman girl goes:

 

1. They did not move.

2. She is attending Ryle

3. Her eligibility with the KHSAA is not an issue because she is just now a freshmen and the fact that she played varsity as an 8th grader last year for WV does not mean squat under the current rules.

 

The only question was would she be accepted as a Ryle student because she was living out of district. Apparently that problem has been circumvented.

 

However, if Moss is gone, that will take them out of the top 3 in the region in my opinion.

Today, I heard from a source that claims to be very close to the Ryle program that Moss is not going to play at Ryle. I was told that she has not been going to practice or participating in team activities. Does anyone have any updates or additional information? This would be a huge blow to the team if she does not play.

 

A huge blow to the team and to herself.

I heard the same thing about Moss. and as far as the Cheesman girl goes:

 

1. They did not move.

2. She is attending Ryle

3. Her eligibility with the KHSAA is not an issue because she is just now a freshmen and the fact that she played varsity as an 8th grader last year for WV does not mean squat under the current rules.

 

The only question was would she be accepted as a Ryle student because she was living out of district. Apparently that problem has been circumvented.

 

However, if Moss is gone, that will take them out of the top 3 in the region in my opinion.

Is the Moss girl still enrolled at Ryle? It's a shame that they moved the Cheesman girl to Ryle. IMO, i can't see how this would ever benefit her.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.