Ryle 2008/09

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryle finished a very good 21-7 last year. What must they do to get by Conner and get to the top of the region?

I dont think getting by Conner this year will be their problem. Highlands will be very tough for them.

Is/has the Cheesman girl been enrolled at Ryle? and if so, did they move or not?

I heard from someone close to the situation that she has been enrolled at Ryle for quite sometime and has already been ruled eligible to play for this coming season.

Edited by Tiger1

I heard from someone close to the situation that she has been enrolled at Ryle for quite sometime and has already been ruled eligible to play for this coming season.

How does a student live in one school district and play in another when that school does not accept tuition?

No tuition. Dad is on the BC payroll and she can attend any BC school.

Correct, as a para-professional which doesn't constitute employment unless the rules/laws have changed. It is my understanding a person must be considered a full time employee w/benefits for what you are referring to.

Think about it, if what you are saying is true there would be schools hiring parents as para-professional coaches everywhere in order to get their kids in for free, it will never happen. Therefore, I assume they have not moved. I would also assume the AD at Ryle has looked into this to make sure all is well and legal to do.

Correct, as a para-professional which doesn't constitute employment unless the rules/laws have changed. It is my understanding a person must be considered a full time employee w/benefits for what you are referring to.

Think about it, if what you are saying is true there would be schools hiring parents as para-professional coaches everywhere in order to get their kids in for free, it will never happen. Therefore, I assume they have not moved. I would also assume the AD at Ryle has looked into this to make sure all is well and legal to do.

I am sure the AD has looked into it since she has been enrolled for a while and has even played for Ryle in summer ball. She is eligible to play this coming season and that is a good thing.

I am pretty sure that they live in the Ryle District. Only went to Walton becasue that is where her Dad and mom both attended school

Wrong, I know dad and they live in WV district! They are right on the border of the two school districts, as told by the dad.

Dad is a para-professional. This does not give the kid the same benefits as if dad was a full-time employee. It is my understanding that they would have to move into the district in order for her to play. Can you imagine what would happen throughout the state if para-professionals were granted the same benefits as employees. Scott Co. (boys program) wouldn't be experiencing all the problems they are going through, they could have just hired the parents as para-professional coaches and this would have made their kids illigible. Wrong!!! I hope Ryle investigated this and got approval from the KHSAA.

Dad is a para-professional. This does not give the kid the same benefits as if dad was a full-time employee. It is my understanding that they would have to move into the district in order for her to play. Can you imagine what would happen throughout the state if para-professionals were granted the same benefits as employees. Scott Co. (boys program) wouldn't be experiencing all the problems they are going through, they could have just hired the parents as para-professional coaches and this would have made their kids illigible. Wrong!!! I hope Ryle investigated this and got approval from the KHSAA.

It does not matter what capacity that you are employeed as long as you are employeed, anyone from a janitor to a teaching position.

From what I have been told, she has already been ruled eligible to play next season.