Rondo on Tubby and Billy G

Watched the video...

In no way did he disrespect Tubby...MJP said he left because he didnt see eye to eye with Tubby. Even if RR did say he didnt see eye to eye with Tubby that would be no big deal.

Him not understanding his role on the team is not his fault. I did like what he said about BCG though...and I would have loved to have seen that whole class play under BCG...that wouldve been fun.

That, or Tubby was simply unwilling to modify his style of play to fit the talent he had.

That's exactly it, and one of the reasons why I wanted Kentucky to part ways with Tubby Smith.

How in the world can you accuse Rajon Rondo of being a selfish player? The kid had 40+ assists in a few high school games and has played brilliantly in his NBA career thus far.

I have not read or seen the comments, yet. However, I have a pretty good guess as to what he thinks about Tubby Smith, and I think I'm right there with him.

^ In the on-camera part of the interview, he didn't really say anything about Tubby. Mary Jo Perino, in her intro, said Rondo said he and Tubby "didn't see eye to eye," but that may have been a paraphrase.

Now, off the record he might have thrashed Tubby, and I may not even fault him for doing so on the record. The fact that he didn't, and has seemed to have moved beyond what must have been an extremely uncomfortable time for him, has really instilled in me a newfound respect for the guy's class (not to mention him doing the camp instead of the post-championship parties).

This in my opinion was his biggest downfall. You sometimes have to change your philosophy to fit your personnel.

You sometimes do have to change your philosophy, but at the same time don't you think he would have known the type of player he recruited. If he was unwilling to change his philosophy, he shouldn't have recruited him.

You can't go to the WLEX site, like I just did? C'mon, don't be so lazy!

FWIW, he didn't slam Tubby so much as hint that he would've enjoyed playing for BCG.

Why are you in such a bad mood today? BTW, I think Rondo is acting childish!

^ In the on-camera part of the interview, he didn't really say anything about Tubby. Mary Jo Perino, in her intro, said Rondo said he and Tubby "didn't see eye to eye," but that may have been a paraphrase.

Now, off the record he might have thrashed Tubby, and I may not even fault him for doing so on the record. The fact that he didn't, and has seemed to have moved beyond what must have been an extremely uncomfortable time for him, has really instilled in me a newfound respect for the guy's class (not to mention him doing the camp instead of the post-championship parties).

I am a huge Rajon Rondo fan and have been ever since his early days in Louisville. It's disappointing that he didn't have more success at Kentucky, but he has handled everything smoothly and things are bigger & better for him now. Personally, I'm enjoying Rondo's success although I wish he could have enjoyed more of it on the hardwood in Lexington.

Why are you in such a bad mood today? BTW, I think Rondo is acting childish!

How is he acting childish? He said nothing in the interview that was even remotely disrespectful of Tubby.

And I wasn't in a bad mood; I was just messing with HB for trying to make someone else do his work for him, when it was mentioned in the very first post that it was a WLEX interview. He knows I like to jab at him from time to time. It's all in good fun.

I don't know either but imo Rondo didn't want to play "team" ball a lot of the time at U.K.. Rondo was also imo a "bad attitude" and that carried over into that entire team. Tubby doesn't like the "all about me" guys or ones that cause trouble on the team. I really didn't like Rondo all that much for the same reasons (attitude). I knew that he would be a sucsessful pro though. The NBA seems kind of like those guys :D. Rondo does take his place and plays "Team" ball with the Celtics though. I wish him well.

Still trying to defend Tubby, huh? :laugh:

Sometimes the coach has to change with the team he has. Specially if it is his best player. Rajon's success in the NBA goes to show Tubby's unwillingness to change a style to help benefit the team. Looks more like Tubby was the problem in the situation at UK between the two, not Rajon.