Rondo on Tubby and Billy G

I can tell he likes Billy G, but he played 2 seasons for Tubby. I can't see him hating him that much. I do not know what he said either though.

I can. He got benched by Tubby in favor of Brandon Freakin' Stockton. I'd hate him, too, if that happened to me.

I can tell he likes Billy G, but he played 2 seasons for Tubby. I can't see him hating him that much. I do not know what he said either though.

I don't know either but imo Rondo didn't want to play "team" ball a lot of the time at U.K.. Rondo was also imo a "bad attitude" and that carried over into that entire team. Tubby doesn't like the "all about me" guys or ones that cause trouble on the team. I really didn't like Rondo all that much for the same reasons (attitude). I knew that he would be a sucsessful pro though. The NBA seems kind of like those guys :D. Rondo does take his place and plays "Team" ball with the Celtics though. I wish him well.

I don't know either but imo Rondo didn't want to play "team" ball a lot of the time at U.K.. Rondo was also imo a "bad attitude" and that carried over into that entire team. Tubby doesn't like the "all about me" guys or ones that cause trouble on the team. I really didn't like Rondo all that much for the same reasons (attitude). I knew that he would be a sucsessful pro though. The NBA seems kind of like those guys :D. Rondo does take his place and plays "Team" ball with the Celtics though. I wish him well.

See, after watching his play with the Celts, he seemed to play team ball just fine, and maybe because he's learned to accept his role. At UK it was less about a lack of desire to play team ball than he was just stuck in a system that didn't fit his skill set.

And again, if you were Rondo, and a guy like Stockton was unjustifiably starting over you when it was clear to anyone with less than 20/500 vision that Rondo was 100 times more talented, wouldn't you develop some hard feelings?

So what exactly did he say? How are you going to create a thread like this and not post the quote? :lol:

You can't go to the WLEX site, like I just did? C'mon, don't be so lazy!

FWIW, he didn't slam Tubby so much as hint that he would've enjoyed playing for BCG.

I don't know what he said at all, but I think Jim Schue is pretty dead on here. He definitely played team ball for the Celtics this past season. I just think that Tubby didn't know exactly what was the best way to use Rondo...maybe the Celtics did. I wouldn't give any hate to Rondo or Tubby, things just didnt' fit for him at UK and they definitely did in Boston.

I don't know what he said at all, but I think Jim Schue is pretty dead on here. He definitely played team ball for the Celtics this past season. I just think that Tubby didn't know exactly what was the best way to use Rondo...maybe the Celtics did. I wouldn't give any hate to Rondo or Tubby, things just didnt' fit for him at UK and they definitely did in Boston.

That, or Tubby was simply unwilling to modify his style of play to fit the talent he had.

That, or Tubby was simply unwilling to modify his style of play to fit the talent he had.

Well, that could definitely be the case as well, I just know Tubby was there before Rondo and that is why I made the comment that I did, but you are definitely right. I know many have beef with Tubby, but I just feel like the two might not have fit with each other, plain and simple.

I think both you and Jim have an idea of what the real issue is, but basically it was that Rondo was a true point guard. Fit to feed others. He couldn't do that at UK.

Granted UK hadd talent, yet any decent PG could do that with the talent Boston had.

However Rondo isn't just any PG, which is why the Celtics won the NBA title.

Rondo was a GREAT PG @ UK, on a team that was looking for a versatile player to pose as a PG(yes part of that was on Tubby), but that's what was expected, and in my opinion the problem...

I have never bought the idea that Rondo did not play "team ball" while at UK. He always looked to distribute the ball and get others involved. Now if you want to argue that Orlando and Rajon did not get along, I will buy that.

You can't go to the WLEX site, like I just did? C'mon, don't be so lazy!

FWIW, he didn't slam Tubby so much as hint that he would've enjoyed playing for BCG.

There was no link provided. And if you start a thread about a quote, you should post the quote. :lol:

And it's not laziness. I just didn't think about going to the WLEX website.