Good read about global warming...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I have determined that this guy wouldn't last a minute in our P/R forum. He simply spouts what I can only determine as opinions, as he cites no sources!

Secondly, the more times I count the name "Al Gore" in an article, the less disinterested I become. If we are looking for the truth, then why is it necessary to inject his name numerous times? It just leads me to believe that the author has a political agenda to fulfil. However, I stayed through the article.

I feel that Coleman oversimplifies the issue. Maybe he is just considering/playing to his audience, but carbon dioxide IS a greenhouse gas. So is water vapor. To see the effects of carbon dioxide, we need only look to our nearest planetary neighbor, Venus. Though it is not the closest planet to our sun, it is the warmest, due to the heat trapping capability of its atmosphere, composed of 95% carbon dioxide. The planet's temperature is over 450 degrees Celsius.

I have been doing a great deal of reading on the topic, thanks in large part to one of our best and brightest posters. I have to say...I'm not convinced that global warming is NOT occurring, BUT...I am still taking in information. In the mean time, I'd rather err on the side of caution.

The Lord will cause the end of the world on his time. Global warming will not be the cause of the end of the world. I don't know why people are so concerned about it. Unless they don't believe in the bible.

The Lord will cause the end of the world on his time. Global warming will not be the cause of the end of the world. I don't know why people are so concerned about it. Unless they don't believe in the bible.

First of all, there are a lot of people who do not believe in the Bible.

Secondly, does that mean we shouldn't care at all about our environment? Who cares about this earth that God has given us? Let's not try to protect it at all, since God will destroy it whenever he wants. Is that your logic?

First, I have determined that this guy wouldn't last a minute in our P/R forum. He simply spouts what I can only determine as opinions, as he cites no sources!

Secondly, the more times I count the name "Al Gore" in an article, the less disinterested I become. If we are looking for the truth, then why is it necessary to inject his name numerous times? It just leads me to believe that the author has a political agenda to fulfil. However, I stayed through the article.

I feel that Coleman oversimplifies the issue. Maybe he is just considering/playing to his audience, but carbon dioxide IS a greenhouse gas. So is water vapor. To see the effects of carbon dioxide, we need only look to our nearest planetary neighbor, Venus. Though it is not the closest planet to our sun, it is the warmest, due to the heat trapping capability of its atmosphere, composed of 95% carbon dioxide. The planet's temperature is over 450 degrees Celsius.

I have been doing a great deal of reading on the topic, thanks in large part to one of our best and brightest posters. I have to say...I'm not convinced that global warming is NOT occurring, BUT...I am still taking in information. In the mean time, I'd rather err on the side of caution.

You make some good points here.

However,as far as Venus is concerned,there is no discernable vegetation on the planet.However,it WOULD be interesting to genetically develop plant life that could thrive in that heat and introduce in onto the surface.Perhaps some sort of a Moss or tropical vegetation from here. Something to give some crediblity back to the Space Program. The Study of the effects of this vegetation on Venus would be fascinating.

Just a few years back,all you heard on the news was that we were destroying our planet by destroying the rain forests.What happened to those people? I certainly find that theory a lot more plausible than some of the scare tactics being thrown at us now. Rather than charging for Carbon footprints,come Arbor Day maybe Al Gore could just go plant a tree and ask us all to join him. I plant a couple each year,and it's much easier on the pocket book than what he is proposing and will probably do more good!

:thumb: Very good point Trojans and you are 100% correct. As it says very plainly in the Bible..."No man knoweth the hour or the day".

Should more people rely on the Holy Bible for answers to a lot if not all of other questions then we would not have the problems that we do today. I hate to say it and hope that I am wrong but I believe that we can forget Obama leaning on anything remotely related to God or the Bible.

I don't mean that we should not protect our enviroment but the lunatic "Green" Goons like Al Gore and most of Hollywierd are just way too far out there. I sometimes believe that Al Gore thinks that he is God, the man is in for a rude awakening one day but not close to the awakening that Senator Obama is in for ;). JMO

Not to want to bring up what has been discussed over and over on here but it just continues t amaze me at the lawmakers of our country that are against drilling oil in our own contry. Absolutely ridiculous :rolleyes:. No, it is not a quick fix and other things need tro be done but it is imo a solution for the future.

I believe that President Clinton vetoed a drilling bill when he was in office and had he not imo there would be plenty of our own oil flowing today. Now we are in an oil crisis and there are lawmakers on both sides that stand against drilling places like Alaska, Montana, Caliofornia, and several other states along with more offshore drilling.

Rookie Senator Obama along with most is not all Dems in office are aganst us drilling our own country for oil when there is enough oil sitting beneath our own land to completely remove us from dependency on foriegn oil, or at least most of it. Senator McCain is also against some of this I beleive and I am strongly against that.

IMO a lot of peope should get the green tinted glasses off and wake up!

First of all, there are a lot of people who do not believe in the Bible.

Secondly, does that mean we shouldn't care at all about our environment? Who cares about this earth that God has given us? Let's not try to protect it at all, since God will destroy it whenever he wants. Is that your logic?

I do agree we should care about the environment. Adam was told to tend the garden in Genesis. It does make me mad when than people littering and just showing no regard for the environment.

However, man wasn't made for the environment but the environment for man. While we should do our best to not go around trashing the environment we should remember that the world isn't going to end because of icecaps melting or the ozone breaking down, it is going to end with fire when God sends it according to 1 Peter.

I hope what I am saying makes sense.

:thumb: Very good point Trojans and you are 100% correct. As it says very plainly in the Bible..."No man knoweth the hour or the day".

Should more people rely on the Holy Bible for answers to a lot if not all of other questions then we would not have the problems that we do today. I hate to say it and hope that I am wrong but I believe that we can forget Obama leaning on anything remotely related to God or the Bible.

I don't mean that we should not protect our enviroment but the lunatic "Green" Goons like Al Gore and most of Hollywierd are just way too far out there. I sometimes believe that Al Gore thinks that he is God, the man is in for a rude awakening one day but not close to the awakening that Senator Obama is in for ;). JMO

Not to want to bring up what has been discussed over and over on here but it just continues t amaze me at the lawmakers of our country that are against drilling oil in our own contry. Absolutely ridiculous :rolleyes:. No, it is not a quick fix and other things need tro be done but it is imo a solution for the future.

I believe that President Clinton vetoed a drilling bill when he was in office and had he not imo there would be plenty of our own oil flowing today. Now we are in an oil crisis and there are lawmakers on both sides that stand against drilling places like Alaska, Montana, Caliofornia, and several other states along with more offshore drilling.

Rookie Senator Obama along with most is not all Dems in office are aganst us drilling our own country for oil when there is enough oil sitting beneath our own land to completely remove us from dependency on foriegn oil, or at least most of it. Senator McCain is also against some of this I beleive and I am strongly against that.

Thanks!

I do agree we should care about the environment. Adam was told to tend the garden in Genesis. It does make me mad when than people littering and just showing no regard for the environment.

However, man wasn't made for the environment but the environment for man. While we should do our best to not go around trashing the environment we should remember that the world isn't going to end because of icecaps melting or the ozone breaking down, it is going to end with fire when God sends it according to 1 Peter.

I hope what I am saying makes sense.

What you are saying makes pefect sense.

Thanks!

No problem, I wouldn't had posted it like I did if didn't 100% agree with you and know that you are right.

People can try and explain it away anyway they want to and that does not change God's word.......is the same word today that it was 2,000 years ago and no man will ever change it or prove it wrong. :thumb:

OR, I'm not doubting you, but can you show me where we have the resources to remove, or even almost remove, us from forgein oil dependency WITHOUT using alternative fuels? Additionally, had Pres. Clinton or any president signed the bill to drill in ANWR, that would only be enough fuel for 7 months to 2 years, according to experts.

I do understand everyone's points about needing to drill. However, I think we are blind if we do not realize that our oil dependency is our greatest vulnerability.

I do understand everyone's points about needing to drill. However, I think we are blind if we do not realize that our oil dependency is our greatest vulnerability.

:thumb: Even at its highest, most optimistic production estimates, ANWR would merely be a reprieve.

OR, I'm not doubting you, but can you show me where we have the resources to remove, or even almost remove, us from forgein oil dependency WITHOUT using alternative fuels? Additionally, had Pres. Clinton or any president signed the bill to drill in ANWR, that would only be enough fuel for 7 months to 2 years, according to experts.

Production from ANWR will span decades and its importance is the impact that additional oil production will have on the price of gasoline. The reserves in ANWR could not be depleted in 7 months even if that was the goal, so simply taking the estimated reserves in ANWR and dividing it by total US oil consumption is very misleading. It misses the point.