Good read about global warming...

Ok...as long as people understand that it will take years for any ANWR oil to reach our tanks, thus little significant change in our gas prices. Then, when we do find it in our tanks, it will only make a small difference, too. I read somewhere that if all the ANWR oil could be used immediately, our gas prices would only decrease by about 50 cent/gallon. IMO, ANWR is only a tiny part of the answer to our energy crisis.

Everything I have read says 7 years or less to hit our tanks. It also represents 20 years of imported oil.If the goverment is united in a domestic drilling and open new refinerys it would it would force speculators to not bet on prices going up and you would see prices drop in 24 hours. Supply and demand. I bet even Opec would react.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything I have read says 7 years or less to hit our tanks. It also represents 20 years of imported oil.If the goverment is united in a domestic drilling and open new refinerys it would it would force speculators to not bet on prices going up and you would see prices drop in 24 hours. Supply and demand. I bet even Opec would react.

The amount of oil in ANWR represents 20 years of imported oil? Do you have a link for that? Thanks.

The consensus of the geologic community is that the Coastal Plain of ANWR represents the highest petroleum potential onshore area yet to be explored in North America. This potential is believed to be on the order of billions of barrels of recoverable oil and may rival that of the Prudhoe Bayfield. Should leasing be permitted and subsequent commercial discoveries be made, it will be an estimated 15 years or more before oil and gas production from ANWR reaches market.

http://www.anwr.org/backgrnd/theissue.htm

This is from the people who want to drill an ANWR.