Question for any lawyers on the site

NEERFAN

If they decide to take me to small claims court, will that damage my credit?

Only if you fail to pay them.

It will cost them more to take you to court than what they MIGHT of over paid you.

It's their loss. It's not your fault someone on their side made a mistake. I deal with HR issues everyday and it's my belief you will not be held responsible.

Have been through too many audits to know that this smells. Also, I've cut a few paychecks in my time and I know that everything has to add up or I would have found myself in trouble.

You know you like me for lots of reasons:thumb:

I'm so easy!!!!! Just got back!!! There are TONS of reasons I like you Mrs. RK. Any word on the out come of this thread????????

I concur with Atticus. The statute of limitations is 5 years. http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/413-00/120.PDF

I also believe that you should direct them to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and tell them they have violated it by not declaring their attempt to collect a debt. That's $1000 each time they do it.

Tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

You may be correct about the FDCPA, but based on my limited knowledge on the subject, I don't think so. I'm not sure it applies to this type of debt and I thought it only applied to debt collectors collecting debt owed to others.

Before any one gets high and mighty about claiming a FDCPA violation, I suggest they contact an attorney experienced in the matter.I may be wrong and Hearsay may be right, as again my knowledge this subject is very limited.