Sr/JR allstar game 6-9-08 @ Fieldhouse

Jenkins was up and down the floor as much as anyone on the Jr. Squad. I don't think either of them started; as I recall, the starting lineup for the juniors was Sanford, Wilford, Middleton, Downing and Ballou. Although the juniors got out to an early 8-4 lead behind two 3-balls from Wilford, the senios scored the next 18 points.

Amazing what a difference a year makes. The seniors were, with a couple of exceptions, much bigger, stronger and just more athletic.

And some of that could have been tired legs also. It was pretty warm in the gym tonight as well.

It wouldn't have been fair to the other juniors for Jenkins and Hood to start since they were not at practice the day before nor at shootaround today due to Elite camp.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was announced tonight, although I can't remember the name of the JC. He looked a lot quicker getting up and down the floor than the last time I saw him, and has all the moves under the basket.

They announced Shawnee Community College. I was wondering if it was Shawnee State University in Portsmouth OH. I don't think it is a community college any more but I could be wrong, or it might even be a different Shawnee.

Here's the box score, again from the Ledger-Independent:

Kentucky All-Stars 61 62 -- 123

Junior All-Stars 37 58 -- 95

Kentucky All-Stars: Miller 11 0-0 23, Moses 10 0-0 20, Mack 8 0-0 16, Johnson 3 0-0 6, Brown 2 0-0 4, Slone 7 2-2 18, Sorrell 5 2-2 15, Stewart 4 2-3 10, Sparks 2 2-2 7, Morris 2 0-0 4, Henderson 0 1-2 1. Totals 54 9-11 123.

Junior All-Stars: Wilford 3 1-2 9, Middleton 3 0-0 8, Sanford 3 1-1 7, Ballou 2 0-0 4, Jenkins 10 0-0 22, Phares 7 2-2 18, Hood 7 2-3 16, Ferguson 2 0-1 5, Penny 1 2-2 4, Jones 1 0-0 2. Totals 40 8-11 95.

Three-pointers: KAS 6 (Slone 2, Sorrell 2, Miller, Sparks), JAS 9 (Middleton 2, Wilford 2, Jenkins 2, Phares 2, Ferguson).

Jenkins was up and down the floor as much as anyone on the Jr. Squad. I don't think either of them started; as I recall, the starting lineup for the juniors was Sanford, Wilford, Middleton, Downing and Ballou. Although the juniors got out to an early 8-4 lead behind two 3-balls from Wilford, the seniors scored the next 18 points.

Amazing what a difference a year makes. The seniors were, with a couple of exceptions, much bigger, stronger and just more athletic.

And some of that could have been tired legs also. It was pretty warm in the gym tonight as well.

PRETTY WARM!?!?:creepy:

:fire:

Shelvin Mack is such a great player. Butler absolutely got a steal in this kid.

It wouldn't have been fair to the other juniors for Jenkins and Hood to start since they were not at practice the day before nor at shootaround today due to Elite camp.

There were six junior's on the team that were at the U.K. Elite camp. They all played seven games at U.K. camp. Some of them played several games saturday also. All six of those players played hard but you could tell that they were leg weary by their shooting and especially on defense. I say the seniors will win again wednesday, but a little rest and some practice together for the juniors will make it a little closer! Senior's by 18.

Miller and Mack had good games, but Sorrell and Sloane impressed me. NKU got a steal in this guy. He can really score well and shoot the ball. Landon Sloane as a UK walk on may surprise people just like another walk on named Cameron Mills did. And just like Mills, Landon can shoot and score. Leonard Macon would really help the juniors battling Moses on the inside. Have watched Leonard in Summer AAU ball and he is a MAN on the inside.

6 or 7 of the Juniors had played 7 games in about 26 hours, hadn't practiced together as a team, and were playing in Memorial (some games) which was 95degrees and then the fieldhouse which was 90 degrees. I think with some rest, a few practices, it will be a little closer on Wednesday night. Seniors by 15 even with Hopson back. Heard Hopson was taking care of some academics (Summer School class).

Only my opinion, but the Jr. All Star team is pretty close to what will be the Sr. All-Star team next year. My only replacements would be Leonard Macon for Downing and Ethan Faulkner for Hudson.

Looking forward to a more competitive and closer game on Wednesday.

:ylsuper:

PRETTY WARM!?!?:creepy:

:fire:

Shelvin Mack is such a great player. Butler absolutely got a steal in this kid.

:ylsuper:Your exactly right on that statementabout Mack...Super steal on Butler's part..His passing ability is unbelievable..

And Yes it was warm in there last night...Sure made those Referees sweat too...:p

They announced Shawnee Community College. I was wondering if it was Shawnee State University in Portsmouth OH. I don't think it is a community college any more but I could be wrong, or it might even be a different Shawnee.

Shawnee State in Portsmouth has been a 4 year school since the mid-80s. If I'm not mistaken, there's a juco named Shawnee in Illinois or someplace.

Who all will be there tonight at 7Pm?I will,Just wanted to see who all would be there.

Anyone else headed to Lexington Catholic to watch the Ky and Junior All-Stars? I heard that the Jrs. will be better prepared for this game.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13