Sr/JR allstar game 6-9-08 @ Fieldhouse

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller provided the highlights with an array of tomahawk dunks, several off feeds from Mack. Moses had his way inside with the juniors, who were outmuscled for the most part. NKU may have gotten a steal in Sorrell, who had a nice game. Several seniors in double figures, paced by Miller's 23. Henderson had his right thumb wrapped heavily, didn't play a lot of minutes. I got the impression that Miller and Mack could do whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted.

For the juniors, I was impressed by Jenkins and Phares, who is comfortable down low or out on the perimeter. Wilford and Sanford looked good real early, until the seniors' size and strength took over. Hood took a while to get started, but ended up with 16.

Miller provided the highlights with an array of tomahawk dunks, several off feeds from Mack. Moses had his way inside with the juniors, who were outmuscled for the most part. NKU may have gotten a steal in Sorrell, who had a nice game. Several seniors in double figures, paced by Miller's 23. Henderson had his right thumb wrapped heavily, didn't play a lot of minutes. I got the impression that Miller and Mack could do whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted.

For the juniors, I was impressed by Jenkins and Phares, who is comfortable down low or out on the perimeter. Wilford and Sanford looked good real early, until the seniors' size and strength took over. Hood took a while to get started, but ended up with 16.

That was Jenkins and Hood's 9th game in 18 hours. Maybe a days rest will help for the next game.

I heard Victor Moses is going to a junior college, and has some D1 interest. A shame that he was out with the foot injury last season. Great kid, on and off the court. Good grades. Hope he does well.

That was announced tonight, although I can't remember the name of the JC. He looked a lot quicker getting up and down the floor than the last time I saw him, and has all the moves under the basket.

That was Jenkins and Hood's 9th game in 18 hours. Maybe a days rest will help for the next game.

Jenkins was up and down the floor as much as anyone on the Jr. Squad. I don't think either of them started; as I recall, the starting lineup for the juniors was Sanford, Wilford, Middleton, Downing and Ballou. Although the juniors got out to an early 8-4 lead behind two 3-balls from Wilford, the seniors scored the next 18 points.

Amazing what a difference a year makes. The seniors were, with a couple of exceptions, much bigger, stronger and just more athletic.

And some of that could have been tired legs also. It was pretty warm in the gym tonight as well.

Edited by mcpapa