Senator Obama - A Moderate?

Where does Sen. Obama fall on the political spectrum?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Sen. Obama fall on the political spectrum?

• Liberal
    • Moderate
    • Conservative
    • Transcedental (above political labels)

Both of these quotes are low. "Well, they did it, so I will."

I agree with LBBC:

I may get on BGP on rail against nearly everything he stands for, and tell everyone who asks why his policies are poor, but I will never disrespect him in the manner that Bush is. And I will never support a Comedy Central program such as "Lil' Obama".

People show no respect for Bush, so why should I show any for someone like Obama?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People show no respect for Bush, so why should I show any for someone like Obama?

"He did it first".

I disagree with everything Obama says, but while (if) he is in office, I will respect him and avoid calling him names and such. The president is the leader of our country- even if I don't agree with the guy, I love this country enough to respect our leader.

And FWIW, I know I am taking some moral highground and coming off as an elitist. Sometimes I just can't help it. :lol:

Barack Obama's world in a nutshell.

"It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks' greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere ... That's the world! On which hope sits." - Barack Obama, in Dreams of My Father

"He did it first".

I disagree with everything Obama says, but while (if) he is in office, I will respect him and avoid calling him names and such. The president is the leader of our country- even if I don't agree with the guy, I love this country enough to respect our leader.

And FWIW, I know I am taking some moral highground and coming off as an elitist. Sometimes I just can't help it. :lol:

I won't call him names either. I just don't think someone like him is deserving of the respect the title president commands.

1) My reply was that Clinton did get more respect from the right.

2) How am I discarding one more than the other when I said they were both idiots?

3) What, if anything, does your comment have to do with the servicemen issue? I said nothing about Clinton or Bush in contrast to Vietnam. In fact, I didn't even mention Vietnam.

4) You brought "measuring" into it when you mentioned Clinton, so I went with it.

I do agree that Clinton was hammered by the right, I maintain though that it wasn't anywhere near the degree of the left on Bush.

And I would maintain that it was every bit as bad as the Right's bashing of Clinton. Just difference of opinion.

As to the Vietnam issue, if you talked to a serviceman during the Clinton era, that was brought up all the time in my presence by those on the Right.

I won't call him names either. I just don't think someone like him is deserving of the respect the title president commands.

I've felt that way about a few other presidents, but I tried to never let it be known except in private dialogue.

I'm the type of person who says what they feel whether it be the politically correct thing or not.

I hope you don't take this wrong but I've never considered "manners" to be a political correct issue.

I was expecting at least another "moderate" vote or two. I guess there will not be much debate on how liberal Obama is or how conservative McCain is not between now and the election. As Al Gore might say, these appear to be settled issues. :D

He may win the election, but I will never call Obama President.

That is just disrespectful. I may George W. Bush as a President, but the fact of the matter is that he won the last two elections and is our nations leader. He is the President and should be addressed as such. Same goes for the candidate who wins the next election. Refusing to recognize the highest position in this country is un-American IMO.