9th Region Tournament Semifinals (CANCELLED)

Just wanted to let everyone know that the word came no longer than 5 minutes ago that the games were cancelled for tonight.

The NEW schedule will look like this:

Tomorrow

CovCath/Dixie @ 5:30 p.m.

NewCath/Boone County @ 8 p.m.

Championship

Friday at 7 p.m.

I just got word from the Athletic Director at Ryle about the pitching issue.

He stated that the agreement was to honor the pitching "day of rest" was IF there was to be a game completed on one day and the rest of the games are rained out, then the agreement would be intact.

Since all of the games were completed yesterday and nobody started any of the games today, there is no need for any kind of agreement that the coaches made.

This means that today's rain out DOES count as a day of rest for everyone that pitched yesterday.

Again, this is coming straight from the AD at Ryle whom I just talked to in the pressbox.

This means that Boone County will be able to throw Houlehan tomorrow if they wanted.

Thanks for all the updates and clarifications. I know many on this site appreciate it! :thumb:

Friday's championship should be packed. Right now, they're calling for a high of 80 and blue skies. :banana:

Bred man... Boone also would be able to throw Houlehan on Friday if they make it to that point. I guess he can't pitch tomorrow. I don't know all the rules. But he would definitely be able to pitch friday if Boone wins....Either way after tomorrow the championship game is going to have 2 ace pitchers on the mound. I think that is how it should be and will make for a great Friday night.

Everyone lucks out in some way. Boone can pitch Krohman again, not Houlehan. NCC can pitch Conner again Friday. Dixie can pitch Nicholls on Friday.

Why, Krohman pitched 3.1 and Houlmen throw 3.2 innings, not much difference.

Actually, the one who stands to benefit the most might just be Dixie, as Nichols would be eligible to come back tomorrow after getting his day of rest today. Not sure how many pitches he threw, but he will be eligible. Shame Dixie didn't pull him a bit sooner in the run-rule game against Highlands and save a few pitches.