NewCath/Boone Co Predictions

If true that rain out days don't count as a day of rest, then I think Boone has some serious pitching issues to face. Lefty Krohman and Houlehan are both done, leaving pretty much only Righty Krohman (sorry, I get their first names mixed up) and not a whole lot after him.

I think BC is the overall better team, but am going with NCC in this one.

If true that rain out days don't count as a day of rest, then I think Boone has some serious pitching issues to face. Lefty Krohman and Houlehan are both done, leaving pretty much only Righty Krohman (sorry, I get their first names mixed up) and not a whole lot after him.

The pitching issue is correct.

I'm going with the pitching issue as well. Boone has been playing their best ball of the year as of late and it's been fueled mainly by their bats. I feel BC has to put at least 10 runs on the board to have a shot. NCC 12-7.

Boone will have Todd Krohman and Drew Fulton for the next 2 pitchers.

If Boone gets past NCC, Tony Krohman and Nick Houlehan will be available Wednesday. Got a win the next game first though. :thumb:

Where is this rule about rain days not counting as a days rest? That doesn't make since. How do you just ignore that no game was played and they physically have the day off because of rain?

A) Pitching Limitations

1) For purposes of this rule, delivery of a minimum of one (1) pitch

constitutes having pitched in one inning.

2) A pitcher may pitch in a maximum of nine (9) innings in one

(1) day, but not more than fifteen (15) innings in any seven (7)

day period.

3) If a pitcher pitches in three (3) innings to five (5) innings, in

one (1) day, that pitcher must have one (1) calendar day of

rest beginning with the day following the first day a pitch is

thrown.

4) If a pitcher pitches in six (6) innings, that pitcher must have two

(2) calendar days of rest beginning with the day following the

first day a pitch is thrown.

5) If a pitcher pitches in seven (7) or more innings in one day, that

pitcher must have three (3) calendar days of rest beginning with

the day following the first day a pitch is thrown.

6) This limitation affects regular season and postseason play.

I believe the rain out day would not have counted only if all games were not played yesterday. As long as all teams play on a scheduled day then this would not apply. Houlahan and Krohman are eligible on Wednesday.

Boone will have Todd Krohman and Drew Fulton for the next 2 pitchers.

If Boone gets past NCC, Tony Krohman and Nick Houlehan will be available Wednesday. Got a win the next game first though. :thumb:

Where is this rule about rain days not counting as a days rest? That doesn't make since. How do you just ignore that no game was played and they physically have the day off because of rain?

A) Pitching Limitations

1) For purposes of this rule, delivery of a minimum of one (1) pitch

constitutes having pitched in one inning.

2) A pitcher may pitch in a maximum of nine (9) innings in one

(1) day, but not more than fifteen (15) innings in any seven (7)

day period.

3) If a pitcher pitches in three (3) innings to five (5) innings, in

one (1) day, that pitcher must have one (1) calendar day of

rest beginning with the day following the first day a pitch is

thrown.

4) If a pitcher pitches in six (6) innings, that pitcher must have two

(2) calendar days of rest beginning with the day following the

first day a pitch is thrown.

5) If a pitcher pitches in seven (7) or more innings in one day, that

pitcher must have three (3) calendar days of rest beginning with

the day following the first day a pitch is thrown.

6) This limitation affects regular season and postseason play.

Coaches agreed before the tournament to play it out that way. It's hard enough with three games in three days. It's not fair if rain helps one team over another. Let's say CCH/Dixie game gets in tonight and Boone/NCC gets rained out and has to play Wednesday. Let's say the CCH pitcher goes 5 and requires one days rest. He would get an unfair day's rest because of the rainout and could pitch again where as the Boone/NCC pitchers do not have that luxury. To prevent that from happening, all coaches agreed ahead of time to treat the rainout day's rest as if it did not happen.

Coaches agreed before the tournament to play it out that way. It's hard enough with three games in three days. It's not fair if rain helps one team over another. Let's say CCH/Dixie game gets in tonight and Boone/NCC gets rained out and has to play Wednesday. Let's say the CCH pitcher goes 5 and requires one days rest. He would get an unfair day's rest because of the rainout and could pitch again where as the Boone/NCC pitchers do not have that luxury. To prevent that from happening, all coaches agreed ahead of time to treat the rainout day's rest as if it did not happen.

OK, that makes since, if agreed by the coaches.

Coop, I was told it was true by several people who should know, and one of whom you know rather well too.....