DeAndre Liggins Update

GO CATS

Unequivocally false.

There are a myriad of modifications you can get on the ACT.

Not being timed can be one, but there are others.

Your modifications are systemic with what is in a students IEP (Individual Education Plan). Whatever disability is diagnosed will be in that person's IEP.

For the ACT, based on what the LD is, have a scribe, have a reader, use paraphrasing, among others.

correct... others could be prompts and manipulative's...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll make the grade. The people I talked to would tell me what they expect to actually happen. They're not pulling my leg.

If they are in fact close to the Liggins camp, it's more what they want to believe than "pulling your leg". I know you have solid sources, but when they are one sided you have to take it for what it's worth in recruiting sometimes...

If they are in fact close to the Liggins camp, it's more what they want to believe than "pulling your leg". I know you have solid sources, but when they are one sided you have to take it for what it's worth in recruiting sometimes...

Very true. I'm very sure that they want the kid to make the grade, but they're giving me their best prediction or assumption as to whether or not he'll pass.

To be honest, before his last test, only a few were saying that he might become eligible. However, apparently now he has a tutor that will help him with preparing for the next test and that they expect him to make it.

I'm not saying he will, but the chances, in my opinion, are better than 50/50.

I'd feel better about that if we knew the exact number he needed to hit on the sliding scale...

Most certainly. I'm giving my assumption off what they're telling me. I'm not sure what he'll have to make, and I would assume it wouldn't be too awful high or they wouldn't expect him to make it. Somewhere in the 17-24 range is what I would guess. If he had to get higher than a 24, I would give him nearly no chance to qualify.

Just from what I've heard, I'm guessing it's in the 21-23 range. At the end of the day his 3 years in HS in Chicago leave a lot of questions on the table. Often times in these situations the damage done early in HS is almost impossible to overcome when you factor in the new restrictions on prep credits...

Just from what I've heard, I'm guessing it's in the 21-23 range. At the end of the day his 3 years in HS in Chicago leave a lot of questions on the table. Often times in these situations the damage done early in HS is almost impossible to overcome when you factor in the new restrictions on prep credits...

Right. Findley usually does a good job at getting things together for athletes to make it to college, and sometimes it's a little fishy. Liggins had a lot of ground to make up..

He can retake some core classes to improve grades.

I think the number they are looking for is not a set number but a cumulative score of all the areas.

That would make sense. I think he can even go online and take some over to help his GPA. I think he will be eligible, but I wouldn't want to put any money on it!

Why would he be a 5th year kid? That sounds like it would be common knowledge.

I've heard his transcripts from Chicago are questionable at best. It's most likely he's only in his 4th year, but with his age there are some questions...