Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeAndre Liggins Update

Featured Replies

Hopefully Jasper will stay if Liggins does not get eligible. Maybe just wishful thinking though.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see what's so funny, I think he really does...

 

I was laughing at a previous quote that said "Don't he have a learning disability." Poor grammar brought about a laugh. Apologies.

Wow, calmed down with the name calling, the NCAA academic criteria is not a cake walk.

 

Yes, it is a cake walk...

It should be a bit of a cake walk, but I'm not in the kids position.

 

There is supposed to be some good high school competition in the Durham, NC area, but I really dont know. We may need the kid though if Jasper leaves and Liggins cant get eligible and he can actually play.

What does he need to improve to get into uk? His ACT or SAT? Or his grades in general?

What does he need to improve to get into uk? His ACT or SAT? Or his grades in general?

His GPA is low, and there isn't anything he can do to change that number. On the sliding scale, he's fighting uphill.

 

At this stage a qualifying score could very well raise questions.

 

Liggins is a good kid, but he has always been a risk to qualify. Right now I'd put it at 20/80 he is at UK for 08/09...

To call the kid an "idiot" or stupid or any of that stuff is pretty uncalled for. Do you guys know his situation? I don't. There maybe reasons we just don't understand or know about what has caused his troubles. He may have done very poorly when he was a freshman and sophomore and been trying his best to make up ground since then. Whatever the case is, hes a high school kid who should not be called an idiot.

I don't know what you have to make to get in to UK now but I do know things have changed over the last few years to make it harder.I would say they can't lower the scores for athletes and not other students.

From the 2007-08 Guideline for the College Bound Student Athlete

Division I Core GPA and Test Score Sliding Scale

 

GPA (Core) SAT ACT (all 4 parts added together - 21 is an 84)

 

3.550 & above 400 37

3.525 410 38

3.500 420 39

3.475 430 40

3.450 440 41

3.425 450 41

3.400 460 42

3.375 470 42

3.350 480 43

3.325 490 44

3.300 500 44

3.275 510 45

3.250 520 46

3.225 530 46

3.200 540 47

3.175 550 47

3.150 560 48

3.125 570 49

3.100 580 49

3.075 590 50

3.050 600 50

3.025 610 51

3.000 620 52

2.975 630 52

2.950 640 53

2.925 650 53

2.900 660 54

2.875 670 55

2.850 680 56

2.825 690 56

2.800 700 57

2.775 710 58

2.750 720 59

2.725 730 59

2.700 730 60

2.675 740-750 61

2.650 760 62

2.625 770 63

2.600 780 64

2.575 790 65

2.550 800 66

2.525 810 67

2.500 820 68

2.475 830 69

2.450 840-850 70

2.425 860 70

2.400 860 71

2.375 870 72

2.350 880 73

2.325 890 74

2.300 900 75

2.275 910 76

2.250 920 77

2.225 930 78

2.200 940 79

2.175 950 80

2.150 960 80

2.125 960 81

2.100 970 82

2.075 980 83

2.050 990 84

2.025 1000 85

2.000 1010 86

So if GT is right and he needs a 21 to make it, he's sitting on a 2.05 GPA.

 

For the record, my opinion is that a 21 is still not an ungodly hurdle to cross for a kid that has basically a straight C average... I could have taken the test for him when I was 12 and he'd be headed to Lexington.

So if GT is right and he needs a 21 to make it, he's sitting on a 2.05 GPA.

 

For the record, my opinion is that a 21 is still not an ungodly hurdle to cross for a kid that has basically a straight C average... I could have taken the test for him when I was 12 and he'd be headed to Lexington.

 

 

THanks, but no thanks. They already tried that with Eric Manuel, and that didn't work out too well. :p

THanks, but no thanks. They already tried that with Eric Manuel, and that didn't work out too well. :p

Well, also not likely that any kid I would take a test for is a Wildcat lean but if he were...:fire:

But on my serious point, what do you think?

But on my serious point, what do you think?

 

 

Even a big old dummy like me scored better than a 21, so I'd have to agree with you.

THanks, but no thanks. They already tried that with Eric Manuel, and that didn't work out too well. :p

:thumb: Where is good old Sean when you need him.:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.