Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeAndre Liggins Update

Featured Replies

But on my serious point, what do you think?

 

I think you're a real prodigy. What's it matter? Liggins obviously has some learning disabilities and I hope that they don't hold him back, regardless of where he goes on to play next year (and for years to come).

  • Replies 77
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you're a real prodigy. What's it matter? Liggins obviously has some learning disabilities and I hope that they don't hold him back, regardless of where he goes on to play next year (and for years to come).

So if you have a low GPA and test score it's "obviously" a learning disability? Couldn't be the kid simply isn't very smart...

So if you have a low GPA and test score it's "obviously" a learning disability? Couldn't be the kid simply isn't very smart...

 

Never once did I mentioned that a low GPA or low test scores constitutes a learning disability. That alone is not "obviously" a learning disability; however, I have heard from multiple sources that Liggins does have a legitimate learning disability.

 

It is not that he's too lazy or unwilling to do the work. From what I understand, it is much deeper than that.

Kids diagnosed with LD get a different set of rules for the test.

Kids diagnosed with LD get a different set of rules for the test.

 

Thats why I'm not buying that he has a learning disability.

Kids diagnosed with LD get a different set of rules for the test.

 

Exactly. It'll be interesting to see whether or not he qualifies.

Yes, that is his specialty. Why would you not want Jasper to stay?

 

I want Jasper to stay just as much as the next guy. I was just wondering if there was any sort of back up, or if we were gonna be screwed.

I doubt that he's JUST NOW labeled LD. If he is LD, chances are he's been taking the test under the modified rules for several attempts.

I doubt that he's JUST NOW labeled LD. If he is LD, chances are he's been taking the test under the modified rules for several attempts.

 

I believe it was fairly recent (as in a few months ago). I'm not sure if he has taken the test since being diagnosed, since the tests are only offered at certain times. We shall see.

I believe it was fairly recent (as in a few months ago). I'm not sure if he has taken the test since being diagnosed, since the tests are only offered at certain times. We shall see.

Plus this also has to be looked at. If he took the test before being diagnosed LD, then retook the test under modified circumstances and improved, that score would be red-flagged quicker than you know what, and the matter would be heavily investigated to see if the diagnoses was legit.

I've talked to people close to the situation around Liggins and he'll take the test again in June and most of them expect him to qualify.

I've talked to people close to the situation around Liggins and he'll take the test again in June and most of them expect him to qualify.

What do you expect them to say? And haven't they been saying the same for months???

I believe if you are considered LD the only difference is your test is not timed.

I believe if you are considered LD the only difference is your test is not timed.

Correct...

I believe if you are considered LD the only difference is your test is not timed.

 

Correct...

 

Unequivocally false.

There are a myriad of modifications you can get on the ACT.

Not being timed can be one, but there are others.

Your modifications are systemic with what is in a students IEP (Individual Education Plan). Whatever disability is diagnosed will be in that person's IEP.

For the ACT, based on what the LD is, have a scribe, have a reader, use paraphrasing, among others.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.