Raceland's Peyton Martin

Ram

Raceland’s Martin leads by following the example

By ROCKY STANLEY — The Independent

Martin is batting .465 this season with 31 runs scored for the Rams, who are scheduled to host defending 16th Region champion Greenup County tonight at 8 in the opening round of the 63rd District Tournament.

Martin, who has 95 career stolen bases, is playing exceptionally well down the stretch of his final high school season.

Raceland coach Randy Vanderhoof estimates that his leadoff man is hitting .600 since the team’s Florida trip in March. And that’s not all.

Link

Martin is an excellent player and a good friend to these young men. He has encouraged a younger team to do better and work harder. His family is ever present at all the ballgames encouraging the entire team. Martin is glue holding the Ram team together.

I think the article said he is batting over .600 since comeing back from FL. I have been very impressed with his play when I have seen raceland.
Great article, I think 2 important people who contributed to Martin's game were left out of this story. #1 His Father, who was and still is one of the best softball players I have seen in this area. #2 Greg Logan- Martin was a member of Logan's AABC Yankee's that one a few state title's. Most of those kid's play for GC now, and I think people forget Martin was a huge part of that team. It is amazing to me how many of those kids turned out to be great high school players also. Good luck to Martin tonight, I hope he plays well.

Great article, I think 2 important people who contributed to Martin's game were left out of this story. #1 His Father, who was and still is one of the best softball players I have seen in this area. #2 Greg Logan- Martin was a member of Logan's AABC Yankee's that one a few state title's. Most of those kid's play for GC now, and I think people forget Martin was a huge part of that team. It is amazing to me how many of those kids turned out to be great high school players also. Good luck to Martin tonight, I hope he plays well.
Personally, thanks for the softball credit, I don't know about how well I can play now. It's hard for me to believe Peyton's high school playing days are about over. I've tried to teach him that if you respect the game and give it (the game) 100% every time you wear the uniform the game in return will respect you as well. He's always been a good listner and believed in what I tried to teach him. He's had to prove himself everywhere he's played. Even when he had a small frame he managed to make big plays. I just hope he realizes that no matter what the outcome tonight, he'll always be a winner in my eyes. :thumb:

Well said Tide, and you have everything to be proud of with Payton. And, he has done things the right way, and is respected for his effort.

Very well said Ram. I couldn't add anything other than that to it. Peyton is one heck of a baseball player and deserves the praise that he gets.

Peyton has been a huge part of Raceland's success in baseball over the past 5 years. He started playing varsity ball as an eigth grader and was immediately a big contributer on the varstiy level. He has matured alot and has developed into one heck of a ball player during his high school career. IMO he is the most complete player in the region and has been for the past two seasons. I just want to congratulate him on a great high school career! Keep working hard Peyton and whatever college you decide on will be getting a high quality person and baseball player!

• 1 month later...