Player of the Year (POY) in NKy!

Who is going to be the Player of the Year (POY) in NKy this season!

For the purpose of this thread NKy will be defined as those players who play their HS baseball, for a HS in one of these three counties Boone, Campbell and Kenton.

Last year it was a two man race between Maile and Farris, with Maile winning the POY! Is this year going to be the same, or do we have some new players to add to this list?

Tell us who should be the 2008 Player of the year in NKy and why!

Zac Adams might be up there, he has 8 bombs. I was wrong about him, and glad to see he is putting up huge numbers a couple of people on here thought he would. I can wrongly fully say i was not one of the few that thought he would put up these numbers. Also, unlike Farris and Maile, he also pitches and is having a very good year from the mound as well.

I think are are a number of players who are in the fight this year. The issue is getting to proper "press". Maile and Farris are having good years but not heads and shoulders above like the two previous years. Others are right with them. These are a few can stake a spot:

Reardon (sp) HC

Adams/Murray Scott

Maile/Isler/Darner(hitting) CCH

Farris BC

Woodruff Campbell

There are probably a couple others. It should be a good race.

I would agree with Adams, Farris, Elliot, Maile - maybe Nichols at Dixie. I'm not certain about his stats because the Dixie doesn't turn them in to the Enquirer, but he's a fine pitcher.

Who is going to be the Player of the Year (POY) in NKy this season!

For the purpose of this thread NKy will be defined as those players who play their HS baseball, for a HS in one of these three counties Boone, Campbell and Kenton.

Last year it was a two man race between Maile and Farris, with Maile winning the POY! Is this year going to be the same, or do we have some new players to add to this list?

Tell us who should be the 2008 Player of the year in NKy and why!

Elliott.

His stats SHOULD be posted, but they're not.

Not a power hitter, but wow is this kid fun to watch! Oh yeah, he's not a bad pitcher either! He's the tie that binds Beechwood. He gets MY vote.

And whether or whether not Adams wins this prestigious award, it is great for him to be running in for it especially after what he has been through. He had to miss pretty much all summer and high school season for pitching and playing the field and couldn't too much due to his injury until the 2nd half of the season. What a great comeback he has made in such a short time and hopefully he will continue to do what he is doing.