Prediction: Brohm will be BETTER than Ryan

It's a matter of personal preference. I don't think the Brohm family is too strung up in their financial 'woes', and Brian knew he couldn't pay any amount of money to get that extra season in with the Cardinals, enjoying the college life and the Louisville stardom. I doubt he regretted his decision. Plus he got drafted in a good time by a good team.

I don't feel bad for him and I think he'll be just fine.

Say whatever you want, but it was definitely a mistake.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say whatever you want, but it was definitely a mistake.

How can any of us know if it was "definitely" a mistake? It all depends on how HE feels about it. I don't know anything for sure, as I'm not close to him in any way, but while I'm pretty sure the greedier part of him regrets not going early for the money, I'm also pretty sure there's another part of him that sees it in the way I put it in my previous post. I mean, either way he's going to be rich in a matter of years doing what he loves. There's nothing I'm more jealous of than a professional athlete.

How can any of us know if it was "definitely" a mistake? It all depends on how HE feels about it. I don't know anything for sure, as I'm not close to him in any way, but while I'm pretty sure the greedier part of him regrets not going early for the money, I'm also pretty sure there's another part of him that sees it in the way I put it in my previous post. I mean, either way he's going to be rich in a matter of years doing what he loves. There's nothing I'm more jealous of than a professional athlete.

I agree. The "definitely" part was a bit much. However, there is a difference between being rich and ridiculously rich. For now, he is just going to be rich until he proves otherwise. As an outsider looking in, I would say it was a mistake to come back, especially because of the 6-6 season he came back to.

Easy first rounder? Would he have gone ahead of Brady Quinn? No. He was #22 in the first round, the next QB was taken by Philly in round 2. Don't forget, after the Orange Bowl Brohm had surgery on his non-throwing shoulder, which he separated during the game.

That's why I asked, what happened to his stock. Was something exposed? I mean Flacco played at Delaware and his stock went through the roof...

I don't quite think that the Cardinal defense had much to do with it...it had to be something...

Did he not have very good workouts after the season? Something had to happen.

Brian had pretty good workouts. He hasn't done crack. He was just over-analyzed, which happens all the time.

I'm more concerned with Rodgers. He has had a lot of time to learn the league and looked good when called upon. Hope Brohm gets a chance to show everyone what he has soon.

I thought two things when GB picked Brohm:

1: They are using him as trade bait.

2: They are not sold that Rodgers is their future.

I think Flacco could be best in this class and I hate to say that with him at Baltimore.

He has an strong, strong arm. He is somewhat mobile. But he, himself, didn't think he could win out the starting job at Pitt. I question his mental toughness, and the lack of competition. I don't think Flacco will be a star in the NFL.

I agree that it cost him millions and I won't fault him for wanting to come back. However, I find it amazing that he dropped so far. If Louisville has a good season last year, he's right there at the top like he would have been in last year's draft. It seems like his stock plummeted because the Cards had an awful defense...

This, and the fact that he had three injuries that required surgery in about 18 months dropped him. I feel that he is definately the best QB RIGHT NOW in this draft. Flacco has a lot of upside, but what if he doesn't realize it, like when he ran away from Pitt, instead of competing? Brohm, while sacrificing the glory of being a high pick, put himself in an awesome position at one of the best franchises in sports history.

For those of you so big on Flacco, how many times have you seen him play? I really don't know much about him either way because I've never personally seen him in a game before. He did transfer to Delaware because he couldn't beat out an un-drafted QB who is fighting to stay on the Saints practice squad...

The scouts were won over by Flacco's arm strength........which does not always translate into NFL stardom. His ability to adjust to the huge change in the speed of the game compared to the competition he faced will determine if he ever becomes a starting NFL QB. His performances in games against the better comp last year did not turn out very well for him.

For those of you so big on Flacco, how many times have you seen him play? I really don't know much about him either way because I've never personally seen him in a game before. He did transfer to Delaware because he couldn't beat out an un-drafted QB who is fighting to stay on the Saints practice squad...

I watched Flacco 2 times in the playoffs. He won one and lost in the championship. I have seen Brohm at least 8 times over the last 2 years and I watched Ryan 3 times this year. With that being said, I still think that Flacco is the best of the 3.

Flacco has a big time arm, best of the three.( NFL network made this statement) He is accurate and moves well in the pocket. His down fall is Baltimore does not have any weapons outside of their TE, but the defense will give him a chance to win games. (For the record, I can't stand the Ravens!)

Ryan did a great job at BC with no weapons(Brohm had weapons the last 2 years). I think he has the vision and is accurate. He did throw a lot of Int's but I think it had to do with him not having the weapons. With that being said, Ryan will not have the weapons in Atlanta and I think that was one of the worst places he could have landed.

Brohm is stepping into the best situation of the 3. He won't be expected to compete for a starting job and if Rodgers fails, Brohm gets his shot. I think Brohm is a good QB, but he regressed this past year and comparing him to Ryan is difficult. What if they switched schools last year. I think Ryan would have did just as well as Brohm did, but I am not sure that Brohm would have at BC.

My rating of the 3

1. Flacco

2. Ryan

3. Brohm

Who will have the best chance to succeed because of their current team?

1. Brohm

2. Flacco

3. Ryan

I watched Flacco 2 times in the playoffs. He won one and lost in the championship. I have seen Brohm at least 8 times over the last 2 years and I watched Ryan 3 times this year. With that being said, I still think that Flacco is the best of the 3.

Flacco has a big time arm, best of the three.( NFL network made this statement) He is accurate and moves well in the pocket. His down fall is Baltimore does not have any weapons outside of their TE, but the defense will give him a chance to win games. (For the record, I can't stand the Ravens!)

Ryan did a great job at BC with no weapons(Brohm had weapons the last 2 years). I think he has the vision and is accurate. He did throw a lot of Int's but I think it had to do with him not having the weapons. With that being said, Ryan will not have the weapons in Atlanta and I think that was one of the worst places he could have landed.

Brohm is stepping into the best situation of the 3. He won't be expected to compete for a starting job and if Rodgers fails, Brohm gets his shot. I think Brohm is a good QB, but he regressed this past year and comparing him to Ryan is difficult. What if they switched schools last year. I think Ryan would have did just as well as Brohm did, but I am not sure that Brohm would have at BC.

My rating of the 3

1. Flacco

2. Ryan

3. Brohm

Who will have the best chance to succeed because of their current team?

1. Brohm

2. Flacco

3. Ryan

To say Brian REGRESSED this season is way, WAY off base. He was much more fit this past season than he has been since his freshman year. His ball had a ton more zip and revolutions on it. He worked hard, and succeeded on leading his crossing routes more. Brian was much better this past season, than he ever has been, IMO. He had no defensive support and a sieve for an offensive line. This season made me believe in Brohm more than ever. Flacco didn't believe in himself enough to stay at Pitt and try to become a starter. He was an OK D-1AA QB, with a rocket arm. That arm did Jeff Goerge very well, huh? Ryan showed how erratic he can be, in his biggest games. I now understand why Brian dropped, and I cam cool with that. Brohm will be the most successful of the three IMO, and that is biased, but not on blind faith.

Flacco never had his back to college defenses (shotgun formation). Brohm is used to a pro style of drop back where he doesn't see the defense for about a second. He will adjust easier to pro-land. I predict Flacco will be injured by the start of the regular season. Ryan's biggest asset is Mel Kiper's lock of hair he carries in his wallet.

To say Brian REGRESSED this season is way, WAY off base. He was much more fit this past season than he has been since his freshman year. His ball had a ton more zip and revolutions on it. He worked hard, and succeeded on leading his crossing routes more. Brian was much better this past season, than he ever has been, IMO. He had no defensive support and a sieve for an offensive line. This season made me believe in Brohm more than ever. Flacco didn't believe in himself enough to stay at Pitt and try to become a starter. He was an OK D-1AA QB, with a rocket arm. That arm did Jeff Goerge very well, huh? Ryan showed how erratic he can be, in his biggest games. I now understand why Brian dropped, and I cam cool with that. Brohm will be the most successful of the three IMO, and that is biased, but not on blind faith.

Honestly, if Urrutia had held on to half the passes he dropped last season I don't think I'd be seeing half the criticism of Brohm that I've seen the past couple of days.

Flacco never had his back to college defenses (shotgun formation). Brohm is used to a pro style of drop back where he doesn't see the defense for about a second. He will adjust easier to pro-land. I predict Flacco will be injured by the start of the regular season. Ryan's biggest asset is Mel Kiper's lock of hair he carries in his wallet.

That's golden right there.:laugh: