Sources: Skins offer '08 first-rounder, '09 pick for Johnson; Cincy says no

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a Bengals fan, but not taking this is dumb. They were going to get a 1st rounder this year in which they could use their 2 1st rounders on defense. Chad would more the likely hit the performance mark to up it to another 1st round pick next year. Mike Brown is a moron of an owner. He could initially have four 1st round picks in two years, and get rid of someone that is causing problems. But once again, the Bengals show why they are a joke of a team. Carson will probably never win a Super Bowl there unless Mike sells the team to someone who knows what they are doing.

I'm not a Bengals fan, but not taking this is dumb. They were going to get a 1st rounder this year in which they could use their 2 1st rounders on defense. Chad would more the likely hit the performance mark to up it to another 1st round pick next year. Mike Brown is a moron of an owner. He could initially have four 1st round picks in two years, and get rid of someone that is causing problems. But once again, the Bengals show why they are a joke of a team. Carson will probably never win a Super Bowl there unless Mike sells the team to someone who knows what they are doing.

Failing to realize the Bengals will take a $8 million cap hit. Hard to believe nobody seems to care about this little fact.

Wrong, wrong, wrong all you saying the Bengals should take the deal!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me??????

$8 million for Chad and another 4-5 million for another 1st rounder towards the salary cap!!!!!

Getting rid of Chad is not worth $13+ million towards the cap.

He will report late, show his bad side trying to be a distraction, and the Bengals will bar him from the facilities-good riddance.

Are you kidding me??????

$8 million for Chad and another 4-5 million for another 1st rounder towards the salary cap!!!!!

He will report late, show his bad side trying to be a distraction, and the Bengals will bar him from the facilities-good riddance.

Thank you for being the voice of reason.

Are you kidding me??????

I agree plus they can get more out of him if they decide to let him go IMO. They will get 2 number one's or a one + player if he goes. It's going to be interesting to see if they stick to their guns. I think they will.

Are you kidding me??????

I didn't realize that a pick in the 20's would cost them 4-5 million against the cap this year? Other teams find a way to make the cap work, why can't the Bengals? If you can get rid of a cancer and pick up a 1st round pick w/ the possibility of another 1st round pick the following year and your fan base who is predicting a 4-12 finish really wants their former favorite player out I think you do it in a second. Is Brown worried about the cap structure or does he not want ot find a way to be creative? Everyone knows Chad won't sit out quietly. Why bring the circus to town when their is a great offer to avoid it. Two good picks for a 30 year old receiver who isn't that great any more is a way better offer than I ever thought they would get.

I didn't realize that a pick in the 20's would cost them 4-5 million against the cap this year? Other teams find a way to make the cap work, why can't the Bengals? If you can get rid of a cancer and pick up a 1st round pick w/ the possibility of another 1st round pick the following year and your fan base who is predicting a 4-12 finish really wants their former favorite player out I think you do it in a second. Is Brown worried about the cap structure or does he not want ot find a way to be creative? Everyone knows Chad won't sit out quietly. Why bring the circus to town when their is a great offer to avoid it. Two good picks for a 30 year old receiver who isn't that great any more is a way better offer than I ever thought they would get.

I think his stats disprove the bold.

Are you kidding me??????

I think it is worth it...biting the bullet for one year could pay off huge with two first rounders this year and very likely two more next year...and next year, there would be no cap hit. Plus, it's not like it's actually costing Cincy an extra 8 mil...it's just an accelerated cap hit. It's not unheard of in the NFL...

I think his stats disprove the bold.

His sats were obviously good, but watching the games will tell you a different story. Two years ago he had 2 great games to pump his stats. Last year he dropped a bunch of passes and some cost his team games...ie...the fake injury after the aligator arm attempt in Buffalo. What has he done for them in big games (Pitt)? He's at the age where WR's typically decline and he swung at a coach and threw his QB under the bus in the last 3 years. I think anyone willing to trade a 1st round pick for him is worht it.

I think it is worth it...biting the bullet for one year could pay off huge with two first rounders this year and very likely two more next year...and next year, there would be no cap hit. Plus, it's not like it's actually costing Cincy an extra 8 mil...it's just an accelerated cap hit. It's not unheard of in the NFL...

Plus it's not like this team is going to be competitive this year anyways, with or without Chad.

Other teams aren't thinking about trading one of their highest paid players in only the 2nd year of his contract which forces the signing bonus to be prorated and squeezed into 2 years- that is why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO TEAM COULD AFFORD THIS TRADE!

Yes it is accelerated; it is from the signing bonus that Chad already received; we are not talking actual dollars, just the hit on the cap for ending the contract 3-4 years early!!!!!

IT IS ABSOLUTELY UNHEARD OF; what big time players get traded with 3-4 more years left on the contract?????

They do often get traded with 1 year left and no hope of resiging.

Plus it's not like this team is going to be competitive this year anyways, with or without Chad.

If they stay relatively healthy, they are not nearly as bad as people make out.

Secondary young and fast; LBs are healthy; 2 good pass rushing DEs.

They have got to get a stud DT, named Ellis.

O-line is healthy, huge, athletic, and deep.

They have a pass catching TE!!!!!!!!!!!!

RB by committee will be fine; most NFL teams are doing this now.

Carson Palmer.

10 draft picks.