NBA/NCAA to announce a new 2 year rule?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but there are a lot of other factors that have allowed the NFL to achieve the position in popularity they have risen to.

The NBA has gotten a lot better. The game itself has improved as has the quality.

However, it is fighting a perception or stereotype that really isn't true.

I think that has been one of its biggest obstacles. It's funny the NFL is 3 times as bad as the NBA.

On one hand, it is good for basketball, on the other hand, it can be bad for some players. Either way, it is the NBA's right to do so.

IMO the only way it hurts some of the elite players who are good enough right out of high school or after their freshman year is if they get hurt in their second year which causes their draft status to drop.

One thing's for sure. Having players up to par with the likes of Rose, Beaseley, Gordon, Mayo around in the future for two years, we're going to see some BIG numbers put up and possible records broken in their two year period.

I still contend there are a lot of kids ready for the NBA right away. Lebron, KG, Kobe were. Rose, Beasley, Love, Mayo, etc. would have been lottery picks last season.

From a fan standpoint, that is great they get to spend some time in the college system. I know it is about money, but I have never understood why one is prohibited straight out of high school if they can cut in the big leagues. I am not opposed to minimum stay out of high school (2 years is fine), but I do not think you should be denied acess to the NBA if you have no desire to play college hoops and want to bolt after Senior Prom.

I still contend there are a lot of kids ready for the NBA right away. Lebron, KG, Kobe were. Rose, Beasley, Love, Mayo, etc. would have been lottery picks last season

Only because of their potential. Their impact when they get in the NBA will be greater and faster with some college ball behind them. The only true NBA ready player was Lebron IMO. Even KG and Kobe had much more maturing to do than he did.

I think the longer time in college logically increases the likelihood that more players either during or after their careers complete their degrees. Penny Hardaway, Shaquille O'Neal come to mind as players who left after their junior years and completed their degrees later.